Chapter 8: What A Great Day, (see the sarcasm there?)

Ashlynn's POV:

I sat on the bathroom floor crying for Hunter. I couldn't go through with this anymore... all my life has been doors in my face here and there. "Help..." I mumbled. I pulled the hood over my head and walked out the stall. I looked in the mirror and saw my pink mascara running. I wiped it away and saw a shadow. I shook my head thinking it was my own shadow and kept crying. But when I looked up, I saw more than just a shadow.

"Hunter..?" I whispered. "You know it, Pumpkin." he replied. I ran up to him and hugged him tight. "Hunter, please... I can't do this anymore. I wanna go home! "

I let go of him, and he looked at me. "Ash, I... what happened during class?" Hunter asked. I walked outside the bathroom and sat on the doorstep, that led upstairs. I told Hunter every thing and held his hand. "Well, luckily for you, we both have Art class now, so c'mon. Keep the hood on, though.

I walked into Art class with Hunter and everyone froze. It was dead quiet. We took our seats and I looked left. Hunter was two tables down, from me. "Okay, well lets continue. Everyone pick a partner." I looked at Hunter, but he didn't look at me. I tilted my head, confused and got up. I was about to walk to Hunter when someone grabbed my arm.

I turned around and saw Jay. "Hey, wanna be my partner? Looks like Hunter has a partner." I looked at Hunter and Taylor was pulling him away. I looked at Jay, and nodded my head. Everyone sat somewhere and the tearcher, Miss Roobark, showed us what to do. She sat at her desk as we got to work.

"So what should we do for our pirate assignment?" Jay asked. I looked at Hunter and at the skull Mr. Roobark drew.

I took a pencil and started drawing. I drew a huge skull with crossbones. Then, I added hearts that have been shot with arrows. I colored it in and added one last touch. I took the top piece of paper and kissed it, leaving a lipstick mark on it and signed my name in cursive. I brought it up to the front and Jay followed. We showed it to the class and I looked at Hunter. He shrugged his shoulders, not knowing what he did so, I sat back down. Well, almost.

I tripped on some paint and landed on Jay, practically kissing him... on the lips. I let go and everyone started staring. Including the teacher. Hunter looked at me and broke a pencil in half. "Woah, Ash. I never knew you had a thing for me." I got up and brought Hunter outside, to yell at him.

"Ashlynn, what was that? Why did you kiss Jay like that?" I looked at Hunter and pulled off the hood. "Hunter, it's not my fault! Maybe if you picked me to be your partner, instead of Taylor, I wouldn't have kissed Jay!" Hunter pulled the hood over my face.

My eyes looked away from him, making me calmer by the second. "Ash, I was gonna pick you, but I.... was dizzy." Hunter whispered. "But.... how could you betray me like that!" I yelled. Hunter looked at me and took my hand. "I didn't betray you, you betrayed me!" I wiped my tears and I ran back into class and pretended that nothing happened. I was mad at Hunter. I couldn't believe what just happened.

Hunter's POV:

I followed Ashlynn into the bathroom. But I didn't go in. All I heard were sobs and cries for help and me. "Please.... someone help me." I heard Ashlynn getting up and stayed quiet. Ashlynn walked over to the mirror and washed her face off. She looked on the mirror and saw her reflection. Well, not only her reflection.

"Hunter.... is that you?" She mumbled. I looked at her and held my arms out. "You know it, Pumpkin. You okay?" Ashlynn ran over and hugged me. "I can't do this, Hunter. Everyone is bugging me about the sweater and why I have it on. I don't want them to find out we're...." Ashlynn let go and held my hand. She cried against me and I kissed her head. "Sweets, I know this is hard for you, and for me.... but don't worry. We have Art together. At least."

I pulled Ash out of the bathroom and kissed her cheek. We walked to Art and went inside. The only thing I don't like about art, is the seating chart. They put you by last name. I'm in 'H' (Huntsman) and Ashlynn is in 'E' (Ella). I can't sit next to her.

See, how the tables are set up, also go by color. Ashlynn's table, the orange table, is on the left side of the class near the windows. My table, the green table, is on the back of the class, near the cabinets. So... so much for comforting my girl.

Anyway, I sat in my seat, and looked at Ashlynn. She was still crying a little. She looked at me and I pretended to fiddle with my hands. Ashlynn looked away and played with something in my pocket. The teacher announced the assignment and I smiled. "Please pick your partner now, or forever hold your peace." I was about to get up when I feel back on my seat. No one noticed, though.

"Um... Hunter?" I looked up at the sound of that voice, thinking it was Ashlynn. Nope. It was Taylor. "What?" I scowled. "Wanna be my partner? Everyone else has one. Your left." I looked at Ash and she was being pulled away by Jay. I nodded my head and Taylor sat across from me.

I looked down at my feet and wondered what would become of me and Ashlynn if someone found out our secret. 

"So, got a girlfriend, or at least, a friend?" Taylor asked touching my hand. I pulled my hand back and looked at Ash. She was looking at me still in a bit of tears. I put my head down and almost cried. "I uh.... well, I don't really..... well....." I couldn't tell Taylor that I had a girlfriend. If I did, she'd ask who and then, Ashlynn would get mad...

"Can we just please work on our project. Did you just pick me to be your partner cause you liked me?" I heard someone talking and turned around. I saw Ashlynn and Jay showing their picture to everyone. I smiled and Ashlynn didn't even bother to look at me the whole time. Not even a wink or a little wave? What did I do? Ashlynn walked back to her spot with Jay and she slipped on paint. When she fell, Jay caught her, but kissed her at the same time. Ashlynn's eyes were closed and she looked like she was.... enjoying it?! Why would she enjoy being kissed by Jay?

I broke my pencil in half and Ash ran over to me. She pulled me outside to the hallway, and cried against my chest. "Ashlynn! Why did you kiss Jay! You know I don't like him. And then you'd enjoyed it! Whaaaat!" I pushed Ashlynn away from me and she looked at me disappointed. "Hunter, you know I didn't mean to kiss Jay, and you know that very well! I slipped on paint okay! Are you stupid or something?!" Ashlynn covered her mouth and wiped her eyes.

Ashlynn pulled off her hood and looked down. Her bangs falling over her beautiful, sparkling, green eyes.  "No.... I just.... it's not my fault!" I yelled. Ashlynn looked at me, fire rushed through her, like she was going to kill me.  "Actually, whatever! I saw you touch Taylor's hand! You wanted to be her partner didn't you?" she screamed. "I can't believe you would just betray me like that! Hunter, I loved you as much, but now I just don't know!" I looked at Ashlynn and she rolled her eyes, to show carelessness for me.

"You know what! Fine. Yell at me all you want! You betrayed me." I banged the wall and saw Ashlynn walk back inside the classroom. She was really mad at me. Probably hates me. What can I do...