Chapter 5: Just a Little Bit of Your Heart

This chapter has a pefect song for it. Its called Just a Little Bit of Your Heart By Ariana Grande. This chapter is gonna be great!

Ashlynn's POV:

"Hunter... what are you doing?" I ran up to Hunter and stayed behind, afriad. "Ashlynn! I told you to stay near the tree!" he yelled.

Hunter dropped his knife and pushed me away from him. I could see in his eyes that he doesn't want me to get hurt. Hunter walked back and tried to pick up his knife, but fell and I saw something scratch his cheek. I was about to run to Hunter when, I tripped and fell. I looked at my ankle and there was a huge, bloody mark against it. "Ah! My ankle's all bloody!"

I tried to crawl back to the tree as best I could. I sat under the tree and saw the knife was just between me and Hunter. I tried to grab it but I could reach it. My arms aren't that long, you know.

Hunter took his knife and ran over to me. "Ashlynn! Oh no. Um... here let me help you." Hunter touched my ankle and I pulled back sharply. "Hunter! That hurts!" I didn't notice, but when I pulled my leg back, I touched Hunter's hand.

I was about to go in for a kiss, when Hunter fell in my lap. I looked at him and noticed a mark on his arm. I touched his face and saw blood drip from my fingers. I looked at Hunter and saw a dash from his eye to the end of his cheek. "Hunter? Hunter, speak to me, please! I need you!"

I got up and became mad. My eyes turned a bloody red, my hair a redish gold. I couldn't help it. Whoever was there, was about to face me. I took of my sweater and ripped of its arm. I tied it around Hunter's arm. The rest of the sweater, I folded and put under Hunter's head. "Come out! You've taken me too far, now to stop!" I yell. Hunter moaned and I stayed close to him. He was soo nice and sweet trying to protect me, so now its my turn.

I pet Hunter's head and he held my hand. I sat next to Hunter and let fire roam around us, for a last time. I cried tears of sadness looking at what I became. I'm growing into a careless scoundrel like my mother. I looked around me and the fire grew lower as I cried next to Hunter.

"Ashlynn, don't cry. You're gonna be okay. I mean... there's gotta be something eles you can do, right?" I looked next to me and Hunter was talking to me, still hurt and bruised. "Hunter... everything's not okay. You got hurt and almost killed. I don't know what eles to do." Hunter sat up and put his arm around me. He kissed my forehead and I layed my head on his shoulder.

"H- Hunter... you do like me... right?" I hesitated. Hunter looked at me and took my hand. "I don't know. I have mixed emotions and I can't tell whether I like you or not. Maybe I do, or no, or I guess... I don't know!" Hunter looked at me and could tell he had mixed emotions inside him that he couldn't make out. I smiled and hugged him. "Your a big sweetie pie, Hunter. I like you too."

Hunter stood still and whispered in my ear. "Ashlynn... uh, you might wanna stay still." I looked at Hunter and he pointed behind me. I turned around and gasped. "What do we do now?" Hunter hesitatedly asked. I looked at the brown vicious bear and snapped my fingers. It looked at me with one dead eye, with arrows and broken shards of glass in its body. People were trying to kill this beast before. And they all failed, didn't they? Fire rose from my hands and I didn't hesitate to move. "Hunter... go." Hunter looked at me and touched my hand. "Ashlynn I- just go Hunter! Leave me here... I'll be okay. But- Hunter, please! I don't want to hurt you!"

A tear fell from my eye as I watched Hunter get up. "Hunter, wait!" Hunter turned and looked at me and wiped a tear from his scratched face. I ran to him and kissed him. I felt like I owned his moment. It felt amazing! I looked at him and whispered without crying. "I love you..." Hunter looked at me and winked sadly. He pointed to himself and held up the number two, then... ran away.