Chapter 7: Am I Safe Without You?

Ashlynn's POV:

I ran and ran as fast as I could to get away from Hunter. I hurt him and he's probably mad. I ran to the school and up the stairs, to the roof. When I got there, I just sat on he ledge and cried. Why did this all feel like a dream, turning into a nightmare. I looked down and saw Hunter looking for me. I smiled and a tear fell from my eye and on the ground. Hunter looked up and crossed his arms. I waved and motioned for him to come up.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to show up! The freaky, non- fabulous chic. So... how are things between you and Hunter?" I stayed on the ledge, but from the corner of my eye, I knew who it was. Steve. I hate that guy! First, Hunter, now this? "What do you want? I'm done with you, and I'm definitely done with Hunter, okay? I'm just not in the mood."

I heard footsteps moving backwards. I turned around and saw Hunter looking at me. "Aww, look who's feeling were hurt." I looked at him and cried. "Hunter I didn't mean it in that way, I just... Hunter!" I ran to Hunter and stopped him the middle of the hallway. I grabbed Hunter's hand and pulled him towards me. "Ash, why would you say that? I thought we were friends." I looked at Hunter, my eyes getting watery. I let go of Hunter's hand and wiped my tears.

"And I thought we were more, then just friends... Hunter I love you and you just don't get it- so why don't you just kiss me!" Hunter interrupted me. I looked at him and took his hand. He put one hand in his pocket and took out the note and the bracelets I left in my dresser. "I found these. They're beautiful and I love the note." He handed me the gifts and kneeled down. He took my hand (and no he wasn't proposing,) and kissed it softly.

"Ashlynn Ella. I love you a lot and you know that right?" Hunter asked in the nicest way possible. I nooded my head and looked at him. He got up and pulled me close. I giggled and smiled. Hunter dipped me and I held on tight. "You, me, and the sea. Got it?" I know what he meant. "Yeah. I can't wait... and um, I gotta get to class." I whispered.

Hunter pulled back up and kissed me. "Okay, sweets. Love ya. Don't go daydreaming during class. Let's keep this a secret." I looked at Hunter and smiled. I ran and turned right. I sighed and mumbled a bit to myself. "I so wish I could say this to you... Hunter, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I entered the classroom doors, and everyone stared at me. I pulled Hunter's hood over me and tried to keep my face hidden. "Hello, Mrs. Hackett. Um... sorry I'm late... I had a little mishap at home." I walked to my seat and looked down. I didn't want anyone to see my scratches. If they did, they'd tell the teacher, and she'll call the principal, who'll call my mother. I don't want to tell my mom the truth, but how am I supposed to come home from Hunter's house covered with scratches?

"Psst... hey. Ashlynn?" I looked to the left and saw Steve's best friend, Jay. He was just like Steve. But annoying. "What now, Jay?" I pulled my bangs over my face and scowled at Jay. "Class, keep working on your assignments, I will be right back." Once the teacher left, everyone started talking and walking over to me.

"So, Ashlynn! Where have you been? And why are you wearing Hunter's hood? Huh!" I held Hunter's hood down and cried a bit with small tears. "It's none of your biz, okay. So just leave me alone..." I looked away from Jay and wiped my tears. "Are you crying, Ashlynn? What's wrong?" someone asked.

I looked in front of me and saw Taylor looking at me, confused. Taylor was Steve's ex. Well, 8th ex. She breaks hearts faster than her mother. "Nothings wrong... I just..." I looked at the door and saw Mrs. Hackett coming inside. Eveyone went back to what they were doing and looked at me once in a while. I raised my hand sharply and pulled the hood over my wounded face.

"Yes, Miss Ella? Question?" I nodded and let my hand fall. "May I use the restroom?" I got up and looked at everyone. "Yes, you may. Please hurry." I ran out the classroom, and into the girls' room. I went into a stall and sat on the floor. I pulled the hood off and cried so hard, but so silently, that no one could hear....

Hunter's POV:

I ran after Ashlynn and almost tripped. She was pretty fast. She ran into the school and I stopped. I looked around and heard crying. I tear fell on the ground and I looked up. Ashlynn was on the roof ledge, crying. I waved to her and she waved back. Wiping her tears.

I ran in the school and up he flights of stairs. Finally I made it to the roof. I quietly closed the door and looked at Ashlynn. She was still crying. But, there was another voice. I looked around and saw Steve talking to Ash.

"Leave me alone, Steve. I'm done with you and Hunter." I was about to tackle Steve, when I heard what Ash said. I moved backwards and Ashlynn looked at me. "Hunter, I didn't mean that, please! I'm so sorry! You don't understand!"

I ran down the stairs, with Ashlynn following me. "Hunter, wait! Stop!" Ashlynn grabbed my arm and pulled me to her. "Ash... I thought we were friends...." Ashlynn looked at me and started tearing up. "Hunter.... but, I thought we were more than just friends!"

Ashlynn let go of my arm and stepped back. I looked at Ash. "Then why don't you just go ahead and kiss me, if you love me!" I covered my mouth, noticing what I said. Ashlynn took my hand and blushed. "Here, I found this in your room. Did you do this?" I took out the note and bracelets, that I found in Ashlynn's room and put them in her hand. "But, it was supposed to be a surprise." I looked at Ashlynn and kneeled down.

"Miss Ashlynn Ella. You known that no matter what, I love you... right?" Ashlynn smiled and I got up. I pulled her close to me, and we were an inch apart. "Well... let me make your fairytale dreams come true. Maybe, come to life." I dipped Ash and she blushed. "Don't forget... you, me, and the sea. Tonight. Okay?" I said bravely.

"Yeah... oh! I have to get to class." I pulled Ashlynn up and kissed her. Mmm, the taste of her lipstick was just dreamful. One taste of that strawberry lemon and I could just kiss her all day...... oh, sorry, I got caught of track. Anyway, I pulled away from Ashlynn and touched her face. "Fine... don't go telling people about us.... I want to keep this a secret for a little bit." Ashlynn smiled and kissed my cheek. Then waved bye, and ran.

I little while later, I walked out of Math Class and out to Art. But before I went to Art, I saw something pass by me. It was green and brown. I heard sounds of fear and cries. "Ashlynn..." I mumbled. I looked around the corner and saw Ashlynn run down the halls, with my hood on, like I told her.

I ran after her and stopped when she entered the bathroom. I walked up to the bathroom and heard one word. "Help..."