16. Dada (Lost Memories II)

Blood Moon Territory
Palace
12 years ago

ARYN

A deep chuckle resonated from my father's lips as I continued on with my playfulness. He was sleeping soundly, light snores escaping from his throat even if I was straddling his torso. My foot on each side, toes curled on the white sheets. My long brown strands tickling my shoulders as I leaned forward, moving my tiny nose against my father's teasingly. My small hands wandering to the side of his waist, brushing it across similar to a feather's light touch, in which the only movement I received was when his pointed nose twitch. I frowned knowing how much of a deep sleeper he is. I settled on observing him for a few seconds, taking note of the similarities of our features before I did what I came here for.

I lowered my head to the side of his right ear and inhaled sharply before letting out a high-pitched scream where I immediately rolled off to the floor, hiding under the bed, stifling my own laugh. No doubt, I sensed my father abruptly sit up in alarm.

"What the – " Instantly, I knew as the Lead Alpha, the carrier of the Heir's bloodline, he sensed my presence. His face appeared before me as he looked beneath the bed. "Vassy..." He shook his head upside down, earning a melodious chuckle erupting from my throat.

Knowing I am the interruption of his sweet slumber, I feigned innocence in my sweet baby voice. "Yes, dada?"

"Come here you little –" I was going to turn away when I let out a scream as I felt both his hands on each side of my waist, carrying me effortlessly to the bed, his legs crossed underneath my bum.

His hands went to each of my sides and tickled me with abandon. The act made my eyes widen as he went after my weakness. "Dadaaaaa! I'm soweee! Ahhhhh! Hahaha!"

I struggled into pushing him away as tears began to form at the corner of my eyes. My face instantly heating up from laughing. After a while, he stopped when I started heaving deeply. His arms locked around my torso when he asked, "Now, what was that for?"

"What was what?" I looked up to him with a knowing smile on my face. As if right on time, my stomach rumbled, indicating my hunger.

"You haven't eaten?" He turned to me, his hand squeezing my cheeks in the habit.

"Nowp." My eyes carrying the hidden glint that has been there all this time.

My father carried me in his arms despite my squeals, he brought us down to the dining room where I saw my little sister with Isla by her side. She's 3 years old and she had nice ginger red hair like my mother. I looked around and noticed that my mother and brother weren't around. And so it begins, I thought. It was my job to keep my father occupied. Kin and June were there seated on their own chair. Ares wasn't.

Dada had settled me onto my seat, to his left while he sat in the middle of the long table. Servants and maids bowed their head in respect.

"Where is the Lead Luna?" He turned to his Lead Beta sitting to his right, noticing the emptiness of the chair at the other side of the long table.

Sean Lincoln (I call him Uncle Sean) was the Lead Beta and he was a man who could keep secrets so when June's father, the Lead Gamma, went to speak up, I felt a faint nudge beneath the table. I bit my lip from having the corners of my mouth twitch, knowing the reason as to why Uncle Sean had hit Uncle George.

This gave Uncle Sean the chance to speak up instead. Clearing his throat, he spoke, "The Lead Luna had to take care of a minor errand earlier this morning, hardly mentioning what it was about." His tone sounded convincing as dada nodded in understanding.

I clenched my fist around the sky blue dress I was wearing to prevent me from laughing.

Errand. Indeed.

"Uh yes. Young Helios accompanied her. Told us not to bother any of them." Uncle George muttered under his breath.

"Hmm. Must be the reason why they had blocked me out of their minds."

"Brother." I heard Aunt Iowa say. "Mother isn't feeling well so she won't be attending breakfast." Uhuh, I thought. She clearly took this chance so that he won't be questioning her.

I carried on eating with the food before me. Breakfast started the moment dada took the first bite. It was the tradition in Packs hundreds of years ago but ever since society evolved, the Packs changed into their own tradition, leaving only the Blood Moon territory keeping up with the old ways.

After breakfast, I headed to dada who was speaking to Uncle George and Uncle Sean.

"George, you may now go to the training grounds. Sean, I want you to file the report concerning the protests of the Garis –" Uncle George left through the huge doors but not before sending a wink towards my way in which I gave I wicked grin in return.

"I've done it, Lead Alpha. And I've been sending out trackers for the latest rogue sighting. So far, we've caught the scent of their whereabouts." Dada nodded in return, obviously pleased with Uncle Sean.

"Alright. I'll be organizing the reports and see what may be the problem and then I'll inform you afterward."

"If I may, I'll do that for you. I don't really have much to do all day." Uncle Sean smoothly piped in.

I stopped right beside dada and waited for his response.

"Are you certain? I can –" I took this chance to pull onto his pants to get his attention. His gaze shifted to mine, his features softening. "Yes, dear?"

"I wanna go to the village." My lips pouting, giving him my irresistible puppy dog eyes.

Uncle Sean let out a low laugh. "See? Little Vas wants you to be with you today. I'll take care of the reports, boss."

Dada sighed and nodded, his hand placing it on my head, ruffling my brown waves.

Perfect. All I was tasked to do was get him away from the main hall where momma and my brother resided, helping the servants with the arrangement of the whole place. Not to mention, I was planning on tiring himself out to let his mind out of the fact.

We were out of the palace in less than 5 minutes. Dada stripped out of his clothing before he shifted to his greyish-white wolf that was taller than my form. Excitement flooded through me when he lied down on the ground and allowed me to ride on his wide back. I've done this multiple times and he always told me to hold onto his fur or simply wrap my arms around his neck. He was the biggest wolf of all as he is the current Lead Alpha and I always loved his wolf fur. The shade reminded me of the night sky with the big round silver moon that provided me its ray of light. It was simply beautiful in its glory.

I loved dada especially when he had zoomed through the Blood Moon forest. My voice, was no doubt, echoing as we went past through the giant trees surrounding us and my hair floating against the wind, disheveled across my face. I could even feel the itch and the strands that caught up in between my lips.

I enjoyed every moment I had with him.

If only he knew what this was for...

You're in for a surprise, dada.

•••

This is part 1.

Here's the update.

Thoughts?

Let's play a game.

21 questions?

~AC