26. Family

Blood Moon Territory
Palace
Present

ARYN

"Stand up. All of you." My left hand was shaking. Sending uncontrollable tremors. The revelation of my true identity was too much for me to handle. Everyone bowed. They were on their knees. Helios, Fae, Anakin, Ares, and even my mate, Atreus.

The entire room was silent. They were waiting for my next words as they stood from their position the moment I commanded them to stand.

I took a deep breath. "I need a minute. Please."

Lexis' face softened and curtly nodded. "Take your time, little wolf. We'll wait for you."

I stared at him for a while before walking towards another door. When I entered, I was greeted with a smaller room that was enough to fit an actual study. Thankfully, there was a couch right at the corner of the room. I strode towards the couch and sat down. My hands eventually went to my face as I covered my eyes.

I could feel my chest shivering as I began sobbing. It was overwhelming. All the answers I wished I had known in the past... They were all here. After all these years of running away, desperately being chased by my fears... I could have known who my family was. Who I was. Who I really was.

They were looking for me. Here, I was starting to think that they were dead and Lucy was the closest thing to family that I have left.

I was wrong.

I have all of them.

Even if they have answered the questions about my identity, something was missing.

Who was the man who kept chasing me for years?

How do Lucy and Aunt Lys fit into all of this?

"Hey." I heard his voice but his scent entered my nostrils almost immediately that I calmed down. I brushed away my tears and looked at him with a broken smile.

His face was contorted in pain as he stared at me. "How are you feeling?"

"Overwhelmed." I honestly said. He sat beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I immediately responded by returning his embrace, hiding my face on his chest. "I needed to breathe before facing them."

"I could tell." I felt his lips brush on my forehead as he pulled me closer. "You know, I always suspected that you were different..."

My eyes widened in surprise but I refrained from moving. "You did?"

"Yes. My wolf... And yours. They found each other before we did. He realized that he was playing with a female wolf and he was just drawn to her. And I thought you were different from the rest of the female wolves I encountered with. I was drawn to you as he was drawn to the female wolf in the woods. So, naturally, I concluded that it was you."

"Oh," I mumbled. I always wondered if he knew.

"I admit that there was a time I followed you. Or I instructed some of my pack members to guard you. Some rogues were keeping an eye on you and Lucy. So at first, I thought you were working for them but soon, I realized you never made a connection with them. It was impossible since you have always been cautious of your surroundings and you've been staying here for 2 years now." He was observant, I can give them that. He sounded like a stalker but I knew that he was only trying to protect his pack. "And then, you were in heat. I wanted you. To my surprise, the female wolf was in the heat too when my wolf and I happened upon her. It confirmed my suspicions that were that wolf."

"I didn't know you knew when we were in the woods that day..." I whispered.

"I wasn't going to scare you and drive you away from here when I was attached to you. Especially when I suspected that you may be the lost royal. Eli had a feeling you were someone special so he also asked me to keep an eye on you."