25. Revelations

The moment all of you have been waiting for. I just hope that you guys will enjoy this chapter. It has been a long time and I am to blame.

Thank you for loving this book. For being patient. I appreciate it a lot.

Now, I did say I'll post this after 100 votes.

I lied.

Tho... it was a good lie. Am I right?

I won't keep you waiting.

•••

Blood Moon Territory
South Wing of the palace
Present

"Mate."

The word was enough to send shivers down my spine and yet, I was able to feel a wave of authority flow through me when my wolf uttered it. From the facial expression of Atreus, I could tell it had an effect on him as he softened when he was looking at me.

Our masks were already off and I was still on the floor clinging onto him, no doubt, my eyes were there for him to see clearly. By now, the contacts didn't have the ability to simply brush off the light behind it for the whitish-grey colour was enough to bring it out into the light, for each person to realize and see that I was merely wearing brown contact lenses.

I could feel people looking at us and surrounding both of us. Although, I could tell that they were only a few feet away, enough to give us space. The moment my wolf let out a powerful growl of claiming her mate as hers, I heard the faint gasp. Now, all I could focus on was him.

He was busy clinging onto me like I was the most precious thing in the world. His hands gripped the sides of my waist and he pulled me closer towards him, taking in the scent that was intoxicating him. I didn't pull away, knowing that my wolf was calming down and my eyes were returning back to normal.

"What..." He brought his hand up and brushed it against my cheek, caressing it softly. But he was shivering.

He cleared his throat. "We've always known..." He muttered lowly but I was sure that everyone heard around the room.

That was when his wolf retracted but I could tell he was still just slightly below the surface, afraid to let me go.

"Yes..." I whispered quietly. I slowly got up and helped him on his feet. The people started withdrawing, giving us the space that we both needed.

We were facing each other. Both of our breaths heaving. I placed my hand on top of his and looked at him. The surge of energy and electricity came quickly that I had to grip his hand to retain the warmth that we shared.

"Aryn...what I saw... yo-your ey-" Almost immediately my hand went up. I knew what he was going to say and I couldn't risk it. When my wolf sensed it, she almost surfaced but I was able to push her down.

I leaned forward and whispered. "Not here, please."

"But no... you don't understand. You have to-" I kissed him. His arms went around my waist and pulled me closer. My hands were pressed against either of his cheeks as I reached up towards him. It was something that calmed his nerves. The intensity of the kiss and the passion that lies within, it was beautiful. I would have let it go all the way but it can wait.

I pulled away. "Let it go, Atreus."

I heard his wolf growl as I said his name. It sent shivers down my spine as he did.

"I suspected." He whispered in which earned a look of confusion from me.

Soon enough, it was Fae who approached us.