19. Message from the Council

Everest Hills

"Inform Qvec that if there are important matters to discuss, he should be the one who will speak to me directly, not the messenger who is in charge of sending out letters. That is an insult to the Alpha of the pack you are sent to." His voice was laced with coldness and clear annoyance.

Sitting on the chair, his back was leaning against the table of his study. There were papers with stamped seals in his hands. He spoke up once he heard the knock from his door, and the voice of his Gamma, announcing the intruder who had a familiar scent to each and every wolf. It is common knowledge to recognize this type of scent.

"I do have a letter sent for you," The intruder said, stifling an abrupt chuckle even if he knew that the Alpha before him wasn't in any way joking. "But in addition to that, I also have matters to discuss with you."

The Alpha, after a few moments of silence, finally, lifted his gaze and settled to the man in front of him. A sigh escapes his lips, and a glare remains on-set towards the man who was unfazed by the whole intensity. Instead, he brushed the feeling off and sat down casually on one of the chairs in front of the table.

Handing over the silver sealed envelope, the Alpha accepted it in his big buff hands. He wondered what it could be. He could list a couple of reasons. Possibilities.

Ripping the envelope, he unfolded the letter and scanned the entire content. One of which consisted of information regarding the Rogue King. This information angered him even more, knowing that they have been causing havoc with the other packs, successfully.

The grip he had on the paper caused it to crumble. He didn't care if it was a letter sent by the council leader. He would destroy the Rogue King with his bare hands.

" I gather you read it all--" The Alpha cut him off.

"Get on with it, Eqza." He grumbled. The low sound came from the back of his throat as he closed his eyes to contain his wolf.

Eqza cleared his throat, placing a hand on top of the table and immediately met the eyes once more of the Alpha before him. "As I was saying, now that you've read it, you are aware of having lone wolves residing within and right beside your boundary, correct?"

The Alpha immediately knows where he is getting at. His knuckles started to whiten itself as soon as he simply let go of the paper and clenched his fists.

Eqza released a sigh and looked towards the Alpha with obvious pity. He continued with his statement. "Qvec has asked me to assign you the task to be able to keep track of the lone wolves here. Especially the females. We find it odd to have not only one but two female lone wolves lurking in this town. A town right beside the Blood Moon Territory. Such matters that happened in the past won't be allowed to occur again. We learn from our mistakes." Even if it was formally addressed, the statement was to indirectly give comfort. "Understood?"

There was an eerie silence. A habit that the Alpha often gave out before responded in his own snappy tone.

"If I must."

"One more thing," The Alpha almost groaned in annoyance when he realized they weren't done. His foot continuously tapped against the wooden floor. "Your pack is in charge of patrolling the entire territory of Everest Hills and the eastern side of the Blood Moon Territory during the young prince's birthday celebration. The Lead Alpha specifically brought up this manner just in case the Rogue King shows up unexpectedly. He will be speaking to you regarding manners soon. Of course, you will be informed as soon as possible."

He merely nodded and waved his hand, dismissing the council member messenger from his study. He fiddled with his fingers as he got consumed by his own thoughts.

Vaughn, I need to speak to you.

The mind link immediately reached his Gamma, and soon after there were knocks coming from his door.

Come in.

In revealed a blue-haired male, he bowed in respect before his Alpha before making hid way towards him, sitting right on the seat that was previously occupied minutes earlier.

"Yes, Alpha?" He inquired, noting that there was a negative aura radiating from the alpha of his pack.

"Always keep track of her."

•••

Everest Hills
Mall
Present

ARYN

"No."

I shoved the golden dress in her direction.

Currently, we were shopping for Eli's birthday ball that will happen in the Blood Moon territory.

I was nervous, to say the least.

I have never attended a ball in my entire life and I have Atreus as my date for the night. The thought of spending time with him seemed to increase the rate of my heart as of the moment.

With much convincing, Fae was able to shove me into one of the dressing rooms of the store we were in. She already organized a parlor ready to fix our hair, nails, and face. The whole kit and caboodle.

Yes. I just said that.

It happens right after shopping for our clothes and shoes.

I swear, we've hopped into at least a million stores already and I was certain that this was the last of it. And by the look that Fae gave me when she saw the golden dress, I knew that she instantly favored it over the others that she chose and bought. Yes-- She bought 10 dresses for me and more than a pair of heels to match the dresses with.

It was torture in the deepest pits of hell.

I slipped the dress on and it fit me like a glove. It was sleeveless with spaghetti straps. The top part created a V and it immediately showed the cleavage of my boobs. It flowed down up to the middle part of my thighs.

It was--

"Perfect." I heard Fae whisper behind me. I was currently facing the mirror and I was in shock. The dress looked ravishing, on me.

I never thought I'd feel pretty.

It perfectly highlighted my evident curves and perfectly brought out the brown color of my hair and hazel lenses.

And it will certainly match the golden shade of the actual color of my eyes.

But that would be wishful thinking.

•••

^Photo above for Aryn's dress

Interested in my other stories?

Check out "Untold Identity"! A new short story of mine.

Well hello there?

Long time no see?

Hope you liked the latest chapter!

It's short but it is intended. 🙃

Can't wait for more?

Please please please don't forget to COMMENT, SHARE, AND VOTE! Yes, all at once. Hihi.

~AC