(21)

"And the final point is scored by none other than Kim Taehyung!", the loud speaker roared along with the crowd. Everyone erupted into cheers, their high school had once again won the tournament, and it was mostly because of Taehyung. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the collar of his jersey, placing his hands on his hips as he laughed staring up at the ceiling. He felt so free and so happy, and he could only thank Jungkook for helping him focus during halftime. His eyes scanned the crowd and shone when he spotted the younger smiling and clapping along, happiness permanently etched on his face.

Taehyung walked in the direction of the younger, arms open for his baby to run into them. Jungkook giggled and ran into his arms, wrapping his own around Taehyungs neck as Taehyung twirled him around. "You did it, hyungie!!", Jungkook said, bunny smile on his face.

Taehyung gently placed him down, arms never leaving his waist, "Hyungie?"

"Hm, I like it. It's cute."

Taehyung smiled and rubbed his own nose on Jungkooks, staring fondly at the way his nose scrunched up due to the sweat on Taehyungs. "You're cute, baby."

Jungkook smiled and moved closer to Taehyung, pecking his lips. "I knew you could do it! Congratulation, Tae."

Taehyung shook his head, "No, baby. You helped me. If you didn't calm me down during half time, I would've messed up the game for sure. Thank you, baby," he whispered.

"Um, Tae?" a voice called out and both their heads whipped to the side to see Lia standing there, looking uncomfortable. Taehyung frowned and protectively moved Jungkook a little behind him, arm placed on his tiny waist.

"Yeah?"

"I just wanted to say congratulations. You played really well."

"Thanks," he said, eyes narrowed as he saw her coming closer. Jungkook stared with wide eyes as she whispered in his ear, "He'll never feel the way I do,"

Taehyungs arm tightened against Jungkook as he let out a laugh, "Thank god for that."

She rolled her eyes, "Don't worry, you'll see soon enough that I'm the only one for you." She walked away, jealousy taking over her when she thought about how protective Taehyung was of Jungkook.

Jungkook stood there, eyes glued to the ground.
"Bab-, no, don't pout like that, I'm going to be forced to kiss it off," Taehyung said, pulling Jungkook closer again.

"What's wrong, baby?", Taehyung said, bending down to meet Jungkooks gaze that was burning holes through the floor of the gym. "You're mine, she can't have you," Jungkook mumbled, eyes still glued to the ground. Taehyung laughed, "Baby, I'm all yours. Don't worry." he said as he placed a light kiss on Jungkooks forehead.

"Come over?", Taehyung asked and Jungkook nodded, both of them walking hand in hand out of the gym.

They were walking towards Taehyungs car, when suddenly a bright light shone in their direction. Jungkook saw it first and immediately ran in front of it, pushing Taehyung out of the way, "Tae! Watch ou-"

Taehyung watched as the car hit Jungkook, sending his body flying all over the place. It felt like everything was happening in slow motion, but also felt like everything was happening too fast. He could feel his entire world darkening at the sight of Jungkook in blood,

"JUNGKOOK!"