04 | threat

A/N

wooo!! chapter four is here at about 6000 words. i'm so excited and really hope you enjoy this one. side note: the above gif is seo kang joon, who plays seo minseok.

and as always, thank you for reading, and take care <3

best wishes,

krissy

○

Excerpted from Zelda Cross: Retribution

The blood sun sinks into the horizon. In the dripping light, it looks as if scarlet has soaked Winter Meitzen's snowy hair and angel eyes.

Nadir can't take his eyes off her. She steals his breath away; she always has. 

Her voice flows like honey into his ears, her lashes fluttering against his skin. Her lips just shy of his. The worst kind of poison. "Do you remember me?" she whispers.

Nadir's mouth parts to answer. 

A text bubble appears.The player has two options-- 

lie

tell the truth 

IN ALL THE years I have known him, Jimin has shown me his anger only twice.

I'm not even sure the first time counts. We were five, two years only after I'd found him trembling in the dark that night. Our neighborhood in Busan was so safe that the ahjummas living on our block left the doors unlocked, especially because all of them--my mother included--borrowed and exchanged groceries often. I remember watching from the scratchy couch in our wood-washed living room, stunned as eomma disappeared into the Park house with a determined shuffle of her slippers and returned with a giant plastic bowl of kongnamul. The next day, Jimin's mother would come in, wave to me with shining eyes--annyeong!--and hurry outside with our bag of pat, or red soybeans.

So when I decided to follow suit when Jimin's mother was out shopping at Jagalchi market, stealing his entire stash of Yakult, he gave me silent treatment for the entire week. I never took him seriously, of course. He was shorter than me back then, his small body dwarfed in oversized shirts as soft as cotton candy, and the defiant lift of his chin only made me smile. I must have made his anger worse, slurping on the milk noisily when I saw him, giggling when he glared at me.