25 | promise

A/N

omg guys....we made it to the end.

please note that 119 is the korean equivalent of 911.

with that said, enjoy the final full-length chapter of busan boy :)

all my love,

krissy

recap: it is 4 in the morning after the night of jimin's debut. nari has just confronted seo jaeseok at his mansion. 

○

SIX HOURS EARLIER

10:00 PM

USUALLY, AFTER A performance, the walk to the Big Hit van is the last bit of the chaos Jimin must endure. It's the tip of the iceberg. His team escorts him through flashing cameras and screaming fans, right up to the car that will return him to Gangnam, Seoul--and once he's inside, he's free to breathe.

But tonight, the panic begins the moment he sits. Their van glides off into the stormy dark.

"We have a problem," says Mooyoung beside him.

Jimin's still breathing heavily from the brisk walk. The daze of performing. The reality of roaring audiences. He reaches for a water bottle. "If it's about the tabloids of me and Nari, I already saw--"

"Oh, that? That's a problem, too. Are you really so careless?"

"Someone followed me to the apartment."

"That's right. Someone followed you apartment," repeats Mooyoung, sounding more exhausted than accusatory, "and because you failed to notice, you exposed your girlfriend to the media before your career even started. I thought you had a years' worth of practice hiding."

Jimin pauses.

"Think of her, too," he goes on, voice lowering. "It's not about just your safety and how you don't care what the public thinks. Tabloid reporters must be all over her right now. And speaking of her--Seo Minseok--"

He tenses. "What about him?"

"He called when you were performing. He knows how to expose Junho's testimony to the public."

"What?"

"Yeah. He's waiting for you at Junho's agency's headquarters."

A laugh of unbelief leaves him breathless. "How does he even know..."