24 | mourning

A/N

ok lowkey i should be sleeping but I MADE IT. it's here, chapter 24! i really hope you guys enjoy this one.

partially edited but i'm excited to wrap up busan boy :')

above is a gif of the beautiful iu (lee ji eun), who plays yoo nari! 

with all my love,

krissy

recap - jimin debuted. nari and kaede helped the marketing team with an overnight pop-up shop at the university for retribution's release. but because of storms, the electricity cut off after the shop and nari was sent to get the team's car while the team cleaned up...only to be stopped and knocked unconscious by kim changho. 

"CARELESS," SNAPS A sandpaper voice

"CARELESS," SNAPS A sandpaper voice. "I asked you to bring her so I could ask questions, not nurse a concussion."

The reply holds annoyance. "I brought her, period. Fair and square. I want my pay."

"Get out," he snarls.

Angry silence follows. It stretches tight as the world comes to me in blurs: the slash of rain against glass walls, the biting smell of bitter herbs. Footsteps retreating against rough-hewn marble.

I'm sprawled unceremoniously across a slab of blood-stained alabaster stone, like a figurine plastered to pottery. The view from monstrous glass walls overlooks an enclosed garden of weeping bonsai trees. It's still night. I must be on the second floor of a mansion. Jaeseok's mansion. With panic, I raise my head.

Instantly, an ache stabs through my skull. A hiss of pain leaves me.

Fighting dizziness, I use the wall to push myself to my feet. Blood has crusted over the side of my head. The room swims into focus. It's an empty clearing of white stone and glass, furnished by a wide stone desk stretching across its berth like the line of a frown. Displays of rusted vases overflow with scarlet flowers, like historical winnings of some high-end auction, and to the side, stalks of mirrored tiles rise from the floor in decoration like angled teeth. Beside his desk is a set of elaborate golf clubs.

Seo Jaeseok watches me from his desk. His blazer is gone, leaving behind only his dress shirt and silver waistcoat.

Strangely, his eyes track my every movement the way prey analyzes its predator. Not the other way around.

My voice feels too loud. "Why am I here?"

"Where is it?" he says coolly.

I pause. "What?"