10 | blood

A/N

hey guys! hope you guys are surviving exam season before break ♡ or if you're outside of the US, hang in there before holiday season kicks in, we're so so close ;-;

thank you from the bottom of my heart for 1k+ reads! you guys are honestly amazing and i can only hope these next chapters do justice to all the lovely support you've given 

with that said, be sure to leave a vote or comment if you enjoy this chapter! happy reading :)

with love,

krissy

for limjaebeauty - i hope everything's okay. ♡

 ♡

FEBRUARY 2007

THE WIND TASTES likes lemon.

At least, the scent of lemons from the ajumma's beachside tea shop overwhelms my senses so powerfully, it washes into my mouth and fills it with sour saliva. With a wrinkle of my nose, I lean back on my hands, the weight splashing sand. The midnight pelt of the sea glimmers with seaside light as it reaches for the bleak night sky.

Abruptly, a dance bag plunks into the sand beside me.

I glance up, startled, as Jimin kicks the bag aside to make room for himself. He's wearing a plain white shirt that ripples in the wind, his dark-coffee hair sticking up in odd angles. Then he sits down, wipes his hands, and glances out with elbows on his knees.

I shoot him a wary look. "You're not cold?"

"Nope." His lip curls. "I'm all sweaty from dance. Wanna smell?"

I wrinkle my nose at him. "You're so gross," I mutter under my breath.

Oblivious, he leans over and yanks open the zipper of his duffel, unearthing two cans of beer from the chaos of clothes. A mischievous smile curls his lips as he shakes them excitedly. "Guess what eomma didn't see me sneak out--"

I smack his shoulder. "Keep shaking them, and they'll explode all over you."

He swats my hand away with an arch of his brow. "Hit me again and I'll drink both."

"You ass."

He dumps the beer back in his bag.

"Ya," I snap, then snatch it back. He cracks his can open with a devilish grin.