06 | entangle

A/N

hey guys! how are you? i hope you're all doing well <3

i don't have much to say except for that this chapter is much shorter. and that jimin's blue hair is....wow. i would say that i've been bias wrecked but at this point that's not even news anymore.

please leave vote or comment if you'd like! i'd love to talk to you :)

and again, thank you for reading!

take care,

krissy

❦

"JIMIN."

The name echoes in the hall. The dancer stills, door half-open.

My own breathing fills my ears. Jimin's eyes lock onto mine, startled. The moment his face changes, I know he's thinking of exactly the same thing as me.

As long as he's not at the studio.

So it was him. A mix of fear and dread spreads across my chest. Sickens my insides. I'm torn between a giant facepalm and running away in embarrassment. It was him. Was that why he had felt so familiar? Why I had felt so safe? Why I hadn't thought twice?

I suppress a groan. You're so stupid.

"What?"

I blink, realizing that I've said the words aloud. "Nothing."

Jimin glances at his open apartment, then back at me, as if unsure what to do. My mind spins from the heat of alcohol and the sight of him in that same dark shirt, that duffel slung across his shoulder.

"Did you want to say something?" he asks uncertainly.

The tension from earlier today returns, hanging with uncertainty between us. "No."

Jimin studies me for a moment. Then he nods, slowly. As if he's stalling. He moves to enter his flat, and I move to unlock mine, heart pounding, ready to curl up in a corner and never see him again. Does he know? Do I even want him know?

"Nari."

I look up to find him hesitating. "Huh?"

"I..." He drags a hand through his hair, exposing his forehead. His eyes wander, as if searching for the words that are evading him. I wait, afraid but still hopeful that whatever he'll say will clear this awkwardness.

But nothing happens. Jimin shakes his head.

"Never mind," he murmurs. Then he disappears, and the door shuts with a soft beep.