09 | attack

A/N

chapter 9! hehe i can't wait for you to read it. there's quite a lot that happens in this one :)

the above gif is IU in palette. her look in that music video is essentially what yoo nari looks like.

thank you so much for all your lovely support, it means the world to me <3

wishing you the best,

krissy

❦

I WAKE UP to the a shower running and jackhammers against my skull.

I blink my eyes open against the crust of sleep, squinting painfully against the blinding sunlight pouring through the polished patio door. Small details come into focus. Light-washed wood. Bare white walls. Dark coats draped across chairs. My coat, on the floor. My mouth, dry like sandpaper.

Cold panic sets in. I'm not in my apartment.

Instantly, I jump up, then wince as pain stabs through my head. 

With relief, I register that my clothes are still on. Light-washed wood sharpens into the living room with similar layout to mine, only with clean-cut, sunbathed, untarnished furniture. At the foot of the bare walls sits haphazard stacks of moving boxes and discarded blankets. A duffel bag sits limp on an island stool. Emptied packs of banana milk and ramen bowls litter the counter. Down the short hall towards the bedrooms, hangers poke out of a half-open closet.

Despite its foreign feel, the apartment's warmth feels like warm coffee thick with milk. Smells like it, too, with the touch of fresh laundry. It doesn't take much to put two and two together.

I'm in Jimin's apartment.

I cringe, sucking in a breath through gritted teeth. My mind scrabbles for memory. Blurred fragments return to me--images of a dark suit, a gleaming phone, glass shattering. A shriek. The spike of my heartbeat. A soft whisper, floating into my chest. 

I drag a hand over my eyes, annoyed with myself. Are those snippets even reality? Or are they dreams?

From within the bathroom, the shower turns off.

My heart skips. Hastily, I leap off the couch, fix my wild mane of hair, and gather my things. The whole time, my mind spins. Did Jimin bring me home? How did he know where to find me? What about Jungkook, did he see me? If they both saw me, why would they bring me here, and not to my own apartment, where Seungho would be awake gaming?

I glimpse my reflection in the passing mirror and wince. My hair is barely tamed. Mascara stains my lids. Looking good, Nari, my brain drawls.