Part 14

Whole night she was not able to sleep, she felt uncomfortable with that hug which happened between her and Arnav, somehow physical touch is something which she is not pleased about, but then why didn't she pull back or disobeyed him... she didn't deny his request to hug him back.

Its so confusing and hence she was irritated with the thoughts.

Next few days she avoided coming near to Arnav and thankfully she got an excuse for it as her exams were going on, but her so called protective husband never used to leave a chance to be with her... while helping her with assignments or dropping her for exams and she didn't had a choice but obey him.

Arnav knew that the hug has affected her and hence thought of clearing the air once her exams are over.

Finally her last paper was done..... Anjali thought of going for a family dinner outside and they all went for dinner.

They all had fun as khushi was one chirpy girl always cracking jokes.

Oh my god khushi... you are so funny, Chotey's life is going to be very entertaining.. I am sure....said Anjali

Khushi smiled hesitantly... which didn't go unnoticed by Arnav, he need to talk to her soon he thought.

Once they reached home she was just going to retire to her room when she heard him... Khushi...

She turned around to see he was in a serious mood..

Ji...

Khushi... we need to talk...

Ji.. Boliye... what happened?

That's what I want to know.. what happened... why are you avoiding me since few days...

She was tongue tied... woh... aise koi baat nahi hai.. nothing like that.

I am not blind khushi.. I can understand and make out that you are running away from me... he didn't want to beat around the bush and hence directly asked her...

Is it because of the hug we had that day?

She was shocked and didn't know what to say.

I.. I don't know what you r saying...

Oh really... Khushi I know you have been acting weird since the day we had hugged each other, you are avoiding me like plague... I am not a typical husband who wants to claim his rights on his wife... it was just a hug dammit... cant I even hug you? Do you despise me so much...? I had taken that liberty because I thought we have moved a step ahead of being strangers... we had friendly conversations with each other... we had started travelling, having lunch with each other... and that day when you denied my gifts.. I felt little hurt and then the way you said sorry... It.. It overwhelmed me... I suddenly had this urge to comfort you... to make myself believe.. that I have someone... finally I have someone to whom I matter.. you are there to share your thoughts and feelings with me... So I just hugged you.. to feel the happiness... Was I wrong Khushi?

There was pain in his voice she could feel that.. but then why is he making it a issue... its just that all this is new for her.

She closed her eyes and thought of answering his questions... Arnavji.. please try and understand.. all this is new for me.. I had only two guy friends for my whole life Aakash and Vivek.. who were only my friends.. I have never had a boyfriend or any kind of love affair... so these sweet talks... friendly hug.. everything just makes me feel uncomfortable.

I don't know whether you hugging me was right or wrong.. but I know this much.. that I need time .. time to make myself believe that I am somebody's wife.. and my husband has a right to love me, hug me..or care for me... am I asking too much to you...? And I told you that day also that I am not going to break this relation ever... I will be your wife no matter what.. its only thing that I need time.. time to accept you as my husband... I am too tied up with my exams and other assignments and all these thoughts and feelings are breaking my concentration,hence I thought of staying away from you for sometime so that I can forget about that hug...Its nothing like I have taken you or your gesture wrong.. please don't misunderstand me.