Part 23

Finally the D'Day had come... the one moment she was waiting for from the time she started dreaming of becoming what she wanted in life.

This was her only motto in life from childhood... to study well and prove worthy of being a daughter who is not less than a son to her Babuji...

It was her graduation day and she couldn't have been more happy ... as her whole family and friends were attending the event... her hubby... the love of her life had made sure that she doesn't miss anyone on her special day... from her Babuji and Buaji.. to her lovely in laws who became her second family and her everything after she got married to Arnav.. to her great friends who were always there by her side.

Payal gave a thumbs up to Khushi... she smiled but she had eyes only for him... who was looking at her with an emotion so strong... as if there is nothing in this world which is more precious to him than her...

Her name was called and she went ahead to take blessings from her father who had moist eyes... he cant express in words the gratitude he felt for his daughter whom he had always ignored in life... for the only reason that she is his daughter and not his son... but now today when he looks at her.. he feels more proud about the fact that she is his.. daughter...

He kept his hands on her head while blessing her... go bitiya go and get what is yours... you have finally achieved what you wanted... I am proud of you bitiya...

Yes... this one word she had been waiting for...for her whole life to hear from her babuji... and today she can see his proud eyes which were full of happy tears and that too because of her... she couldn't have been felt more content...and then she looked at her husband.. who was the only reason for all her happiness...she smiled at him and he asked her to go ahead and take the certificate... she walked to the stage and could hear the claps and excitement filled screams from her loved ones...

She took the certificate from the chief guest of honor and was asked to speak a few words.. she had got a special award as the best performing student of the year...

Her heart was filled with emotions and she was not able to speak because of the continuous tears that were flowing from her eyes...

She had eyes only for him... and he felt proud about her.. he felt all the burden on his heart lighten away with the look she gave him.. somehow he was always guilty of the way he got married to her... his decision of allowing her to study further and achieve her dreams felt all right to him today...

I would like to thank all my professors.. my college mates and the whole faculty team who always guided me in my assignments and gave me an opportunity to excel in every field ...

But most importantly I would like to thank that one most important person in my life... without whom I wouldn't have reached here in first place... he gave me the reason to achieve my dreams.. he gave me the opportunity to live my dream... and also motivated me in each step of my life to do better.. he is my emotional as well as mental support...

My husband... the person whom I love the most in my life.. Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada... can you please come on stage... I want to achieve this award from you...

He was tongue tied and didn't expect her to declare this way... his chest was tight with emotions and he felt tears in his eyes...

Everyone was clapping.. he looked at his di and his best friend.. who gave him a thumbs up ...

Go Arnav... she needs you.. now more than anyone else... said Aman..