Part 6

Your pov

"Now is not the time to cry Armin. We will mourn Eren later when this hell is over. As for now we fight with everything we have."
I'm not going to lie I'm in a lot of emotional pain but I had to be strong for Armin. I reached out my hand to help him up. "Thanks."
He sniffled. I looked at Armin for a few seconds and hugged him. "Hey it'll be ok. We still have each other."
I began to rub his back and Armin hugged me tightly.  "How long until you're gone? Or until I die? I can't protect myself y/n.."
He whispers in my ear. "I'm not going to die Armin and neither are you. We'll protect each other."

"If I can't protect myself I can't protect you!"
Armin yells at me letting go. "Look at me Armin. You're strong. You are not weak. I know we can make it through this nightmare. I promise you we will be ok."
I held out my pinky towards Armin. This had been our way of making promises ever since we were younger. He wrapped his pinky around mine. "God I hope you're right."
Armin turned around and began to head to other rooftops.

"Me too.."
I mumble under my breath following Armin. We began to look for others or people stranded on the ground. "Hey y/n I'm kinda low on gas.."
Armin yells as we swing from one building to the other. "Shit I haven't even thought about that."
"We can check yours in a minute. I see Jean, Sasha, Connie, and Mikasa."
We managed to make it there without my gas running out. I was almost empty and so was Jean.
"Where's Eren?"
Mikasa asked looking at Armin who was huddled against the wall with his head in his hands.
"Armin where is Eren?"
She asks again more demanding. I decided to step in so Armin wouldn't have to explain it.

"Mikasa."
I motioned for her to come over to where I was. Everyone else soon gathered around except for Armin. "Where is he? What happened?" "He was eaten." My voice cracked on the entire sentence. I still couldn't believe he was gone. A gloomy silence fell around us. A single tear fell from mine and Mikasas eyes.

"You should've saved him! You let him die!"
Mikasa yelled at me.
"You think I wanted him to die Mikasa? I cared for his dumbass! I loved him you bitch!" Pure rage filled Mikasas dull grey eyes. She lifted her hand up past her head and slapped me with full force. I felt a little blood trickle down my face.
"Mikasa that's not how you should've handled this.."
Jean says stepping in between the two of us. He ripped off a piece of his shirt and dabbed my cheek with it.
"This is all your fault."
Mikasa says looking me dead in the eyes before leaving. "I don't think it's a good idea for you to be by yourself!"
Sasha yells going after her. My cheek was stinging like hell.

"I got it thanks."
I say taking the fabric from Jean and holding it to my cheek. I can already tell this is going to scar. "How's your gas y/n?" "Running a little low but I should be fine for a bit." I say answering Connie's question. "How's everyone else's? Armin said earlier he was low."
"I'm kinda close to full." Replies Connie. "Where in hell is the gas team?" "One of us could try to make it to HQ." Armin suggests standing up and walking over to us.

"Nice of you to join us cr-" "Jean stop it. Now is not the fucking time." I gave Jean a death glare and he shut up. Armin gave me a small smile.
"None of us have enough gas to make it."
"Connie said his was almost full. We can use his but only one of us can make it. They can check what's happening in HQ fill their tanks and come back and carry one of us back to HQ and so on."
Everyone had a terrified look on their face.
"Since y/n is the most skilled it would be best for her to go." Armin gave me a hopeful look.

"Ok. I'll do it. I'd rather myself go than any of you."
I started to exchange tanks with Connie. "Please be safe guys." I hugged Armin.
"Remember our promise. You have to make it out alive y/n. We both do."
"You be safe too y/n." "Thanks Jean."I hugged him and Connie and began to head for HQ to see what was taking so long. Titans were everywhere. I was trying my best to avoid them because it would cause me to waste more gas. I could see HQ! I was almost there!
"Oh shit."
I mumble landing on top of a building. Oh my God. It's surrounded by them. I stood in shock. How could this happen? I was knocked out of my shock by loud thumping. It was one of them. I squeezed my triggers only to find out that I didn't have any gas left..
"Shit!"
I yelled as it's hand swung up on the roof attempting to grab me. I jumped and avoided it this time at least. I panicked on what to do. It reached its hand up again to grab at me. I jumped but when I landed my ankles gave out and I rolled off the roof and onto the ground. I got up and began to run screaming for help. Oh my god this is how I'll die. I don't want to die. I can't die Armin needs me. I promised him I'd be ok.
All sorts of different thoughts ran through my brain while I was running. Before I knew it I was cornered by the titan. My back was pressed up against a wall as far as I could go. It walked closer and closer to me. Until I heard this abnormal scream. Loud thumping was shaking the ground. Another titan had made its way over to me.
Oh great I'm going to die to not by one but by two fucking titans. I closed my eyes and prepared myself for my death.
"I'm so sorry Armin."
I say aloud a tears falling down my face. The abnormal titan screamed again causing me to open my eyes. The titan that was chasing me was being attacked by the other one! I was so grateful for this stupid abnormal titan. I started running towards the two of them hoping to be able to escape under them. The one that was being attacked fell to the ground blocking my path. Its nape was ripped off.

What the fuck..abnormals aren't supposed to do that..
The abnormal titan looked down at me. I felt some sort of connection to it? It seemed so familiar. I stood once again frozen in fear. It reached down its hand and picked me up by my jacket.

"Put me down god damnit! I have made it this far and I will not die now! Not yet! I promised Armin we'd make it out alive together! He's all I have left! I have to stay alive! Put me down you beast!"
I screamed squirming around crying and trying to slice my way free with my blades.
"Y/n."
It spoke and it sounded like Eren. I stopping squirming and looked at the thing. It sat me on top of a roof and proceeded to look at me.

"Eren?"
I walked closer to it and was able to place my hand right between its eyes. I'm crazy for thinking this but I feel like this titan is Eren. I'm just crazy. None of this is real. I took my hand away and backed up and the titan took off.