Part 28

Your POV:

"You must've ripped your stitches!" Fear fills Erens teal colored eyes. My hand finds it's way to my side and I'm greeted with a warm goop. I look at the blood on my fingers. Such a familiar sight I think to myself, but where do I know it from? "Y/n? Y/n!" Eren is frantically waving his hands in front of my face. "Calm down. It's just a little bit of blood." I slowly scoot towards the edge of my bed and try my hardest to stand up. Once I'm finally up a strong, sharp pain shoots through my side and I begin to fall but I catch myself on the end table. Before I know it Eren has scooped me up and is out the door.

"Eren you're overreacting." I whisper closing my eyes. Things felt so warm and calm despite the fact Eren was running through the halls of HQ. I felt as if I could just slip into a deep sleep. My eyes are closed for what seems like forever before I hear a door open. "Eren? What's going on?" Says a sleepy Hange. "It's y/n. I-I think she might've ripped her st-stitches." Everything goes black.

Erens POV:

"It's y/n. I-I think she might've ripped her st-stitches." Hange quickly takes y/n out of my arms. "Clear everything off the table Eren. Quickly." I assume I'd interrupted Hange during her research cause books were scattered all over her lab. I move the books and tubes off the table as fast as I can, I'd managed to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the window. My shirt and pants were soaked with blood. "It's a good thing you came when you did Eren. If it was any later I don't think I would've been able to stitch these back up myself. We would've had to take her into town back to the infirmary." Says Hange snapping me out of my thoughts. Y/n had been laid on the table and Hange was quickly stitching her side back up. "I need you to check her pulse." Hange motions the y/ns neck. I place my fingers and count the beats. 1....2....3....4....5 "It's slow but it's steady." She nods and continues to stitch up y/ns side.

This was the first time I'd seen y/ns side. She never let me change her bandages, she'd always have Sasha  and Mikasa help change them. Even despite having more than a month to heal the wound in her side was still deep, it took up most of her side as well. "Damn.." Hange looks over the top of her glasses at me. "First time seeing it?" I nod still in shock over how deep it was. "It was much worse when I first got to her. I remember the boards still being in her." Hange continues to stitch. "How bad was it?" I sit in a chair on the other side of y/n and take her hand in mine. "It was a decent sized board that was wedged into her side. I could see part of her ribs. I'm still convinced it might've chipped a few of them. Worst I've ever seen." Hange grabs some liquor, puts it on a clean rag then wipes down y/ns side and starts stitching again. "And that says a lot Eren."

Hange has now finished with y/n and is checking her pulse again. "What happened?" Sinking lower into my chair and squeezing y/ns hand, I shrug. We'd moved y/n to a spare bed in Hanges lab. "I don't know. We'd both fallen asleep and before I knew it she was awake bleeding, shaking, and crying." "Hm. Must've been a night terror. Angie used to get those all the time." I shake my head. "I don't know what's going on anymore with y/n." Hange rests her hand on the back of my shoulder. "Give her some time kid. Come get me if things change." Her hand leaves my shoulder and soon the door closes. I rest my head on the bed looking up at y/n. Her e/c slowly flutter open.

"Eren?" She squeezed my hand gently. "Y/n we got to stop meeting like this." I joke lightly running my thumb Over her hand. "Damn I agree. What happened?" Y/n scoots over as much as she can in the bed and pats it for me to sit down closer to her. I sit down and place her head in my lap. "You busted your stitches open." I begin to run my fingers through her h/c hair. A muttered "Oh", escapes her soft lips. "Another bad dream?" Y/n nods and closes her eyes. "I don't think they're going to stop for a while." She sighs. "I don't want to remember." "Remember what?"

"My dream was a flashback Eren. It was about those people that took me a few years ago." Y/n e/c eyes open and she gives me a soft smile. "Wanna talk about it?" I stop running my fingers through y/ns hair and rest my hand on her cheek. "The people who kidnapped me were name Paula and Frank I think, I don't remember much else from the dream but I know that everything they did to me felt so real." Y/n pauses for a moment. "The punches and kicks felt so real Eren." Her hands fidget with stress. "I don't want to remember anymore." Tears begin to form in y/ns eyes. I take her hands in mine. "Don't worry everything will be alright. If things get too bad y/n always remember that I'm by your side." Every word that I said was true. I wanted to be y/ns shelter in the storm, her rock, her shoulder to cry on, and her lover.

"Maybe you need to remember these things to help solve the holes in your memory. Maybe there's some bigger picture that needs to be seen with these memories." Y/ns eyebrows knit together. "Maybe you're right. Maybe there is something that happened during that time that I need to remember." I give her a soft and reassuring smile. "Now you need to get rest before the sun comes up and everyone notices you're not in your room and they come looking for you." I give y/ns head a rub as she sits up out of my lap, I then stand up and make my way to the door to go back to my cell. "Eren where are you going?" A hand tugs on the back of my shirt and turns me around. "Bed...?" I question raising an eyebrow. "Sleep with me, I sleep better with you and the dreams aren't as vivid." Y/n glances  from me to the door and back to me. "Of course."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys! I'm noticing that there still quite a lot of people that are still reading my story despite going almost two years without updating I just wanted to say thank you guys so much 🥰🥰🥰 also what do you guys think of the new cover??

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 10K READS!!