Part 14

Erens pov

Y/n knocks on the door after letting out a sigh and a man with bright green eyes answers. "Y/n! Dear god!" He smothers her in a hug and y/n hugs back gently. "Come in come in!" Her father opens the door more and we both walk inside. Her home was a quaint and cozy place. "I'm Alexander. You are?" "Eren Yeager sir." "Is this your boyfriend y/n?" Alexander whispers. "I like Armin..I always hoped you two would end up together. Your mother did too." Y/n giggles. "Yes Eren is my boyfriend and he's Armins best friend." Alexander patted my shoulder. "I'm sure you're an alright young man Eren." He stopped and looked at y/ns uniform and smiles. "I see you joined the scouts." Alexander ran his fingers along the wings of freedom patch memories seemed to flood his mind as he warmly smiled. "I see you did too Eren." He smiles at me.  "Y/n how about you go make your old man some tea?" Y/n nodded and left. "Now Eren come sit with me in the living room." He grabbed hold of my arm and swiftly navigated through y/ns childhood home.

We sat down in front of a fireplace in chairs. "Now Eren you're probably expecting me to give you a terrifying talk about if you hurt my daughter I'll beat you to a pulp. Which I will but that's not what this is." I gulped loudly and nodded my head. "I'm just gonna cut straight to the point. Understand?" He folded his hands in his lap. "I do." Alexander smiles. "Good. Now my y/n isn't one to show her feelings like her mother. Angie always wore her heart on her sleeve." Y/n always seemed to show her emotions in front of me..well she was always happy. Or at least I thought she was. "I just want you to promise me something." I nodded my head once again in agreement. "I want you to be there for y/n. She might not show it on the outside but I know she's still heartbroken about Angie. I can't tell you how many times I've caught her crying about her. The poor girl grew up with a mom. I'm sure you could tell the moment you first met her." "I could. She kicked this one kids ass." He laughed.
"That's my y/n! She wasn't always like that..y/n had to grow up real quick when her mother passed." Alexander took a deep breath. "I just her safe ya know?" He looks at me. "I feel the same way."
"Dad are you hungry? I could make some food if you are. Me and Eren haven't eaten yet." Y/n calls from the kitchen. "You hungry kid?" "Yeah." I'm not gonna lie Alexander scares me shitless.

Your pov

"Dad I need a response." I say peeking my head outside of the kitchen. "If you don't mind y/n. Thank you." I smile at my dad and Eren. "It's no problem at all." I went back into the kitchen and began to cut vegetables for a stew. It was one my mom always used to make for us. The kitchen door opened. I looked up and saw Eren. "Hey." Eren whispers in my ear after walking up behind me and resting his head on my shoulder. "What're you making?" Eren wraps his arms around my waist. "Stew. Mom used to make it all the time for us when I was little." Eren watches me cut vegetables for a few minutes. I move to put the vegetables in a pot on the stove with other ingredients and Eren follows me not letting go. "Not only are you pretty, smart, strong, funny, and pretty you also know how to cook." Eren whispers. "You said pretty twice." I say while putting a lid over the pot. "I know. You're really pretty." This caused a small laugh to escape from my mouth. We stand like this watching the stew cook every now and then I'd stir it. Eren would kiss my cheek or my neck every few minutes.

"It smells amazing!" My father opens the kitchen door causing Eren to let go of me immediately and stand behind me. "Just like your moms y/n." Dad puts his arm around my shoulder and smiles looking down at me. "Every day you grow to look more and more like her." He pinched my cheeks. "It should be done." I say taking his arm off me and attempting to reach the bowls on the top shelf. Eren reached his hand above me and grabbed them then set them down on the counter. "Thanks." I say grabbing three spoons. "Dad go on around and sit down I'll make your bowl." I had always taken care of him ever since mom died. I heard my father take a seat at the table. I scooped some out and put it into a bowl then I set it in front of him with a glass of water. Eren had already put some in a bowl for me and was getting himself some. I took the opportunity of him being busy to pour him a glass of water. Soon we were all sitting at the table eating.

"So dad..I have a few questions." I say taking a drink of my water. "Oh god last time I heard this I had to explain how babies were made." This warned a chuckle from Eren. I elbowed him in the side. "Not like that! They're about mom.." I was incredibly nervous. I'm pretty sure Eren could tell cause he slipped his hand in mine and gave it a little squeeze. "Oh. What would they be?" Dad titled his head a bit. "So um..I joined the scouts and apparently mom used to be one..and I was talking with a few of the other people who were there and-" "I know where this is going y/n. You don't have to explain anymore."

"Yes your mother was in the military she was rather good at her career. I was in the scouts as well. Your mother was much more skilled than I ever was. We decided that it would be best to not expose you to that at such a young age but when she passed I figured it would be best to not say anything about it at all in hopes of keeping you from the same pain we suffered by watching several people die." Dad paused for a second and let out a sad laugh. "It obviously didn't work." I nodded my head at my father whilst smiling. Eren let go of my hand and placed his hand on my leg in hopes to stop my fidgeting. "The reason why I distanced myself from you y/n was everyday you started to remind me more and more of Angie. Your strong willed attitude and your looks always talking about outside the walls. I couldn't look at you without crying y/n you're just so much like her. I am truly sorry for it
y/n. When your mother died you lost both parents." A few tears fell down my fathers face. I stood up from my seat and went to comfort him. "It's ok. I understand I really do." I hug my dad tightly. "Besides I turned out just fine!" I crouched down in front of him and he smiles at my actions. "Yeah you did thanks to Armins family." Now that I was closer to him I could see the strain on his face. The deep wrinkles and the bags under his eyes from not sleeping. "Go get some rest. We'll clean up. I'll come tell you goodbye before I leave." "Thank you y/n. I love you." He hugged me once again. "I love you too."

I decided it would be best to not question my dad about who's my actual father. It could wait he had already been spoken enough to satisfy my needs. I would come back later. Me and Eren cleaned up the kitchen in silence. Afterwards I told my father goodbye and we left. "Well did you hear what you wanted to?" Eren asks me. "I heard enough for now I'll come back later to asked about who's my dad. I didn't wanna remind him more of mom than I already did." Eren nodded his head. "Ready to go back?" I shook my head no. "There's a place I wanna go before we head back."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y'all Alexander is such a precious old man I love him

I'm hopefully gonna update again! Thanks for reading!