•Chapter 5 - Investigator•

"Can you two please stop doing that?" She almost yelled at them. Tina knew how unstable Lily was, she had made sure to tell her and her sister as soon as she found out she was going to work with the two. She had told them that apparating was a very difficult thing for her to do, because she had a condition. Not that she wasn't capable of doing it, she was. But it was hard not to fall over and stay in control once other did it to her.

"Sorry," Tina said, turning back to Mr. Scamander. "Who are you?" Tina exclaimed at the man.

"I'm sorry," he said.

"Who are you?" Tina repeated.

"Newt Scamander, and you are?" He asked her, looking at the ground. He was obviously avoiding her gaze. Lily had to admit it, Tina could be quite intimidating when she wanted to.

"What's that thing in your case?" Tina avoided his question.

"Tina, please clam down," Lily tried.

"What is it?" She asked again.

"That's my niffler," Newt told her.

"Why in the name of Deliverence Dane did you let that thing loose?" Tina asked.

"I didnt mean to, hes incorrigible, you see, anything shiny, hes all over the place-"

"You didn't mean to?" Tina asked, not believing a word.

"No."

"You could not have chosen a worst time to let that creature lose." Tina told him exasperated.

"Tina, it's not dangerous," Lily explained. "Nifflers don't attack, they just chase after shiny things." Newt nodded at her explanation.

"But we're in the middle of a situation here," she told Lily.

"I know," Lily contradicted. "But the niffler is not going to change the gravity of the situation."

"Only if its seen by no-majs."

"Well obliviate them."

"I'm still taking him in," Tina told her.

"Taking me where?" Newt asked.

"Magical Congress of the United States of America," Tina said, showing her badge. Lily sighed. Was she never tired of doing this? Taking everyone she could in so that she  could make the president proud and go back to being an Auror.

"You two work for MACUSA?" Newt asked as Tina placed her badge back into her pocket. "What are you, some kind of investigator?" Tina decided to ignore Newt's question completely.

"At least tell me you guys took care of the no-maj," Tina tried.

"The what?" Newt asked, genuinely confused.

"The muggle," Lily translated. Apparently, the Americans had never heard of slang.

"Oh."

"You wiped his memory right?" Tina asked Newt. "The no-maj with the case?" When she received no answer dorm Mr. Scamander, Tina scoffed and looked at Lily. "Seriously?"

"I had nothing to do with it!" Lily argued. "I just helped a man find his niffler!"

"That's a section 3A, Mr. Scamander," Tina sighed. "I'm taking you in."

"Wait a minute, no you're not," Lily intervened. "You know we've got more important things going on, Tina. You cant just barge in with a Section 3A."

"I have to," Tina argued. "You know I do."

"Tinie this is not proving yourself. You'll walk in and they'll tell you to walk out. You know Graves, you know the President."

Tina didn't even try to argue anymore. She just took Newt's arm and readied herself to apparate.

"Fine, but when they yell at you for interrupting to whatever meeting is going on,  I'll be waiting to say I told you so," Lily warned. Tina nodded, making her sigh and take Tina's hand as they disaparated again.