Days Before School

Chapter 1 | Days Before School |

[ Keisha In Media ]

Keisha 💋

HEY I'M KEISHA!
I'm 18, & I'm ready for school to end before it even starts. I'm senior this year & I'm prepared for the worst.

I'm an athlete girl. I do dance, volleyball, & cheer. This year I heard they gave us a girls football team & I'm pretty excited about that honestly. The backstory of my life is actually in a good place. I had both of my parents in my life, and they treated me well. I never really had any problems. I moved away from them because I need to experience this year by myself. They are still in Minnesota, while I'm living life in California.

Today I gotta go to work, I work at Walmart nothing too special then I have volleyball tryouts. So I got in the shower & did my little girl's hygiene. I put on my uniform basically running out of the house because I only had 10 minutes to be on time. I blasted Queen Key in my car on the way there.

I arrive to work just 2 minutes to spare checking in. I turned around to see Jarrell staring at me laughing. "Girl, this yo first time almost being late.. was you getting dick?"

Almost forgot to tell you... he's gay.

I laughed grabbing the buggy of stuff that was given back going into aisles.

"Bitch no, I woke up late. Then right after work I have to run home & get in the shower again to go to tryouts." I said huffing.

"Mhm, one day I'm going to come knocking out the blue. Then we're going to. Wait, girl that's today?"

"Nigga, yes today. I texted you three times yesterday about it."

"Um... no, you didn't." He said grabbing stuff helping me. I stale faced him then laughed.

"Okay, Jarrell."

"Excuse me can I get some help?"

I was still looking down because I thought Jarrell was going to help him but all he did was yank my arm. I turned around to see some guy standing there. He was 6'1, caramel-like, chin full of hair. & fade to the max.

"Yes, what you need?" Jarrell asked. He tends to get ahead of himself when he gets... nervous? His words not mines.

The guy snickered, "Actually I wanted...Keisha to help me."

I smiled looking down, "I would love to help you...", I paused waiting for him to tell me his name.

"Oh oh... um, Dave."

I laughed "Nigga yo name Dave?"

He shook his head laughing, "Yeah, Dave East for short."

"What's your full name?" He smiled, "I'm pretty sure your full name isn't Keisha."

"Touché."

"Oh okay, so what was it that you needed help with?"

"Oh yeah, do you have any cable ties?"