The test of relationships begins once again! (Part 1)

Everything was over that day itself. Her husband had cheated on her with her best friend. The two people she trusted the most had betrayed her. Her life had come to a halt. What seemed perfect a minute a go now was disastrous. But now it was the past, just a bad past that held no impact on her present or her future.

It has been two complete years since that awful day. A lot has changed. Kunal and Nandini are now happily Married. Rajdeep is in jail. Mauli stays with deeda and Kunal's mom. Mauli has not met Nandini and Kunal for two years now. She has changed a lot, for the better or for the worse only time can tell.

Today is the day when it all started, at the conference three years ago and today is the day when it will start all over again. Mauli was on her way to the conference of elite doctors. On the other hand Nandini and Kunal were on their way to the conference too. Mauli was driving her car as fast as possible hoping she would make it on time. She knew Kunal and Nandini would be there at the conference but she had made her self so strong that their presence would not bother her.

On the other hand Kunal and Nandini entered the conference hall and took their seats when Kunal's phone rang. He stepped out to attend the call. Nandini sat inside the hall remembering how her life had taken a turn. Today she was a happy and proud wife but the guilt inside her still remained. Her happiness had costed her best-friends happiness. Was it worth the price? she would question herself and her answer always remained the same maybe, maybe not.

On the other hand Mauli rushed inside, her fast steps, her eyes on her purse trying to keep the car key in. Kunal was walking out of the conference their shoulders brushed pass each others and their steps came to a halt. They both recognised the touch, their heart beats increased and Kunal immediately spun around. He did not think Mauli would attend the conference, it was an annual conference and she had not attended last year so he thought she would not come this year either. He saw her back towards him and he hoped that she turned around. He urged to see her after two long years. But she just walked ahead not bothered to look back. Had she not felt it? His presence was not sensed by her?

Mauli walked into the conference room and took her seat at the panel on the stage. Her thoughts were occupied by what happened at the entrance of the conference hall. She knew it was Kunal and her heart longed to see him but her mind had won, she did not want to show that she is affected by him and that is why she decided to walk in. Pushing away her thoughts she scanned the room of people her eyes searching for someone special.

Well let's say really special. Two years ago she had lost faith in any type of relationships. Friendship and love but this man had gained her trust and for once she was sure he would never leave her. Her eyes rested on his familiar face and he passed a small wave. Mauli just smiled and nodded at his childish behaviour. He knew everything about her past. Everything! and he had whole heartedly accepted her just the way she had accepted him. A hand rest on her shoulder and she looked up to see him.

Mauli- Sidharth

Sidharth- Kya soch rahi ho?

Mauli- You were sitting on your seat na? Then how you came here? I did not notice.

Sidharth- When you were lost in your thoughts I came here. If you are not comfortable we can leave.

Mauli smiled at his concern.

Mauli- Not at all Doctor Sidharth Shukla, This conference is very speacial for you and me. You are the guest of honour and I am an elite speaker so now stop worrying about me and take your seat.

Sidharth took her hand in his and gave it a light squeeze.

Sidharth- I love you

Mauli- I love you too.

Sidharth leaves and takes his seat. It was time for Mauli's speech. She gets up and stands behind the mike.

Mauli- Three years ago, I was here, talking about goals, ambitions and inspirations. Today I stand here to talk about the process of achievement. The goals we set, the aspirations we have are not easy to achieve. There will be a lot of hurdles on the way not only professional but personal hurdles as well.

She looks directly into Nandini and then Kunal's eyes when she says the last line. As they lower their eyes in guilt. She knows emotions are hard to control and she would have accepted the fact that Kunal had fallen in love with Nandini and vice versa. But they kept her in the dark. The betrayed her, broke her trust and left her heart shattered into pieces for which she will never be able to forgive them.

Mauli- But one thing we have to remember is that time does not stop for anybody and we should not let time slip out of her hands. Whatever might happen, no matter how bad remember your dreams your ambition and you will find the motivation and strength within you. And the day you achieve what you dreamt for you will know the true meaning of happiness. Thank you!

The audience breaks into a round of applause and Mauli just smiles in response and then takes her seat. Rest of the conference whizzes by and it is time to go to the hotel. (It is a one week conference.) 

Kunal and Nandini get their room keys and go up to their room. But look at the game faith plays, Mauli's room is right next to their room. As they were about to enter they see Mauli walking to her room with Sidharth. Mauli notices the two of them but decides to completely ignore their presence. Nandini was about to start a conversation but Mauli and Sidharth had already entered their room, which was a shocker for the couple. 

Mauli sharing a room with another man! Did she marry again? But then she did not wear magalsutra or sindoor? God! How much had they missed! Nandini and Kunal looked at each other with these thoughts in their mind when suddenly Mauli's room door opens again and Sidharth walks out saying.

Sidharth- Fine then see you in the evening, my room is on the floor above. 

Sidharth glances at the two faces who were staring at him. Very well knowing who they are he just walks off. Shutting the door behind him. Kunal and Nandini then walk in to their own room a mixture of thoughts in their mind but they decide to put it aside and try to enjoy their time here. 

But how can all go well when the three of them are together? 

**************************************************************

This is it! Hope all of you liked Part 1! I mainly focused on giving an overview of where their lives stand after 2 years. 

Target votes 5