Can the past be left behind? (Part 11)

Mauli's thoughts are disturbed when a doctor informs her that she needs to attend some emergency. She was walking towards the tent when she stepped on a rock and lost her balance. She was about to fall when Kunal saved her.

He made her stand as she whispered a brief thank you and went into the tent. The whole scene was witnessed by Nandini who had tears forming in her eyes. The fear of losing Kunal seeped into her and as it did destiny once again seeped in troubles for the trio.

**************************************************************

Mauli, quickly checked the patient and told the doctor that she was panicking unnecessarily the patient is absolutely fine. Mauli stepped out of the camp tent and was walking back towards her own. It had been a long day, a lot ,ore patients were to come but she needed a short break she entered her tent and opened her suitcase. 

She rummaged through the clothes when her eyes fell on a tiny red velvet jewellery box. She gently picked it up and ran her hands over it. Her lips automatically curled into a smile as the the memories started playing in her head. 

Flashback (3 days after the previous Sidharth and Mauli  flashback )

"Mauli mujhse dosti karogi?" Sidharth asked after silence of few minutes.

They were sitting on a park bench during break that was just opposite the clinic. Mauli looked towards him and his stretched hand with blank face. Sidharth  took her silence as denial. His face fallen at that, soon covering it he said that's okay when Mauli smilingly held his hand and announced her acceptance. The setting sun witnessed the new blooming relation of friendship between two people. They still had many things to look after. But the baggage of past was now slowly fading away for Mauli. So much would have been changed for worst, but now things will be better. At least that's what they hoped. '

Sidharth reached into his pocket and took out a red velvet jewellery box 

Mauli gasped looking at it. 

Mauli- No Sidharth this looks really expensive, I cannot accept this

Sidharth- Please Mauli

Mauli shook her head in a negative

Sidharth- Acha, why don't your give me a gift sometime else, and no matter how expensive it is I will not say no

Mauli- pakka?

Sidharth nodded as Mauli reluctantly accepted the gift.

Mauli- Thank you

Sidharth smiled at her. 

Flashback Ends

Mauli carefully places the box back into the bag. It was the first out of the millions of small gifts he had given her. Oh how it made her feel special.

On the other hand Nandini ran into her tent tears pouring out oh her eyes. She flung herself on to the bed, captured the pillow between her hands and started sobbing into it. Why was life so unfair? What had she ever done that god punished her every time? First the ever so tormenting and abusive relationship and now the scare that the lover of her life will stop loving her. 

Life from a living hell had suddenly turned into the fairytales she read when she was young and it was all because of Kunal, now the slightest thought of hime leaving her life made her shiver. Couldn't happiness just stay and not leave? Hadn't she already be punished enough for god knows what mistake! 

She was never the one to pray for herself, she always asked for others but the first time she prayed to god for herself and not for anyone else was on she got to know Kunal. She wished him in her life. the minutes she knew he to likes her, her happiness knew no bounds. Finally happiness entered and this time she would make sure it is not short lived. 

Kunal entered his tent, tired form the days event when he saw Nandini crying on the bed, he rushed to her and asked her what was wrong.

Kunal- What happened? Why are you crying?

Nandini- Promise me you will never leave me!

Kunal was shocked but promised her. Her hysteric crying softened to sobs as she hugged Kunal tightly and for the first time since they got married the hug felt different. Both of them felt different it wasn't the same adrenaline rush or the gush of emotions that flowed. It was plain, simple, empathetic. 

Kunal softly stroked Nandini's hair as he assured he will always be by her side like once he had done to Mauli. 

On the other hand as dusk changed to dawn and the night once again became day the camp became a bustling ground. Doctors ran around attending patients as people waited for their chance for a free check up. 

On the go Kunal too crashed into a lady who was about to fall but Mauli saved her in time. 

Mauli- Are you mad Dr Kunal!? Can't you see while you walk, she is pregnant what if she had fallen down and something had happened to her or her baby?

Kunal- Sorry I was in a rush I honestly did not see

Mauli mutters under her breath

Mauli- Khud ke bache ki jaan le li ab dusre ko bhi nahi chodo ge? 

Kunal- Did you say something?

Mauli nods her head in a negative and leads the lady to a medical tent. Mauli was just finishing checking the lady when she heard a loud scream, and how could she not recognise that voice. It was of Kunal. She walked out of the tent and saw Kunal carrying an unconscious Nandini into a medical tent. 

Kunal laid Nandini down on the bed as Mauli walked in. A doctor was checking Nandini, Nandini was also gaining consciousness as a tensed Kunal paced the tent. 

The doctor was packing her equipment when the trio asked the same question at the exact same time?

Nandini, Kunal and Mauli- Kya hua doctor? Koi ghabrane ki baat toh nahi.

The trio exchanged glances as the doctor smiled. She then straightened her face preparing to say the very news that will change everything. 

**************************************************************

Hope you liked this update. The next chapter is a very crucial one, it will also be a long update. A lot of Drama twists and turns await you!!

Target Votes- 50