The past always lingers (Part 9)

Mauli- You know Sidharth when ever I think about you I cannot help but fall for you all over again

Sidharth smiled

Sidharth- And whenever I think about you I cannot help but admire how string you are, I cannot help but love you more

**************************************************************

It was a new day and Mauli was delighted to go back to work after the conference. It was one place she loved to be. As a bonus Sidharth also worked with her. She was just about to leave for office when her phone beeped indicating an email sent to her. She opened the mail to read it. Her smile faded and her excitement went down the drain. Her office now became the last place she wanted to be in. She closed her eyes and reminded herself of her promise. Her past held no impact on her present. She composed herself and headed towards her office.

As she entered the hospital her colleagues greeted her and she wished them back. She first dropped into Sidharth's cabin to wish him good morning and was heading to her cabin when she collided with a strong body. She was about to fall down when two arms saved her as she clutched onto the persons collar to support herself. 

She looked up to see who it was only to be shocked. Her past was holding her. Kunal was holding her. Memories of her past flashed in front of her eyes and in those seconds she forgot all the bad memories. She just wanted to be in his arms. Safe and sound, the most comfortable place...his arms. She snapped out of her thoughts the minute Sidharth's name came into her mind. She adjusted her self and stood up on her feet. She whispered a brief thank you and walked into her cabin. 

 She knew this was coming, she had gotten an email from the board that a new doctor was joining and he was none other than Kunal Malhotra. As Mauli sat at her cabin finishing some paper work a knock was heard at her door. 

Mauli- Come in!

She said without lifting up her head. A man steps in and places a letter on her table. 

Man- My joining letter, I will be a paediatrician at this clinic from today onwards

Mauli's head shot up and she saw Kunal standing there. She gripped her pen tighter took the appointment letter and signed it. 

Kunal too knew that he was going to work under Mauli and was prepared. He really needed this job and if it meant be close to Mauli it was a bonus for him as he truly wanted to mend their relationship. 

Mauli looked up at him and said 

Mauli- Welcome Dr Malhotra, Dr Meenal will show you your cabin if you have any questions you can approach either her or me. 

Mauli called Meenal and she lead Kunal to his cabin. Only when Kunal was gone did Mauli loosen her grip on the pen she looked at her hand that had run white she sighed. On the other hand Kunal's heart was hurting he couldn't bear the indifference that Mauli was showing towards him. But he composed himself and sat in his cabin not before thanking Meenal. 

Mauli tried concentrating on her work but all in vain. The hurt that flashed in Kunal's eyes when she called him Dr Malhotra haunted her. It shouldn't but it did. After all at some point she did love him. She closed her eyes and leaned back on the chair. When somebody knocked on the door she jerked up and half spoke - half whispered a come in. 

Sidharth came through the dorr and Mauli sighed.

Mauli- I told you, you do not need to knock and come

Sidharth- Just a habit, anyways we have to go for a medical camp tomorrow

Mauli- Medical camp?

Sidharth- You forgot!? Mauli we have to go to a small village in Rajasthan for the medical camp. We literally have to leave at 5:00 in the morning.

Mauli- Oh no

Sidharth smiled he walked and stood behind her chair Mauli rested her head on the chair as he started massaging her head. 

Sidharth- Also Mauli did you meet the new paediatrician 

Mauli- hmmm

Hummed Mauli her eyes still closed. 

Sidharth- Kunal Malhotra 

Mauli- hmmm, kehe te haina Sidharth ki the past always lingers. My past is never going to leave me but frankly I don't care.

Sidharth- Mauli...

Mauli- hmmm

Sidharth- I am not coming for the medical camp

Mauli's eyes flung opend and her head shot up

Mauli- Why, you are feeling okay na

She said touching his forehead. He laughed

Sidharth- I am perfectly fine but I have an important heart transplant scheduled for tomorrow and I cannot miss that. 

Mauli looked sad but she could understand. Okay she whispered meekly. Sidharth smiled and then left the room leaving Mauli with her thoughts. The rest of the day whizzed by.

***

Next day Mauli ran towards the bus stationed outside the hospital. It was about dawn and the bus was set to leave she was reviewing the materials list as she scanned the bags. 

Mauli- Mrunalini

She shouted as she saw her figure running into the bus. 

Mauli- Hurry take a seat we are already late 

Mrunalini was panting as she nodded with a weary smile between the panting. She took her seat and the bus started moving. The sudden jerk caused Mauli to lose her balance. Her clipboard fell on to the floor as she landed in someones lap. 

Her hair covered her face hence she could not see the persons face. She tried to get up only to land back in the persons lap. Her earring was entwined with his short button she struggled remove it hence removed her earring and got up. She turned towards the person to say sorry when she froze. The words did not seem to come out and her senses did not work. 

**************************************************************

Hope you liked the update... Please do vote and comment 

Target votes- 45

Entwined by Destiny (Discontinued)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें