So close yet so far (Part 10)

Her hair covered her face hence she could not see the persons face. She tried to get up only to land back in the persons lap. Her earring was entwined with his short button she struggled remove it hence removed her earring and got up. She turned towards the person to say sorry when she froze. The words did not seem to come out and her senses did not work.

**************************************************************

Mauli- Kunal

Is all she managed to whisper her eyes settled on her earring resting on his shirt Kunal followed her eyes and saw the earring there. He quickly untangled it and gave it back to her. As if still in a trance she accepted the earring and went to the the back of the bust to take a seat. 

Before the bus started again Nandini boarded the bus. She sat next to Kunal and the bus drove off. 

They soon reach the medical camp. A lot of people came to visit the camp with different medical needs. All the doctors and nurses were putting their best foot forward to help all of the village people who had come to the camp. In between work Mauli remembers and misses Sidharth

She remembers the time when the two of them were in a medical camp. 

Flashback

A few days after the previous Sidharth and Mauli's flashback  

 Soon, they reach the medical camp it was a hot sunny day and the staff had just finished setting up the camp and finds no patients there. The children are playing cricket nearby when a cricket ball rolled and landed near Mauli's feet. She picked up and looked around when a girl of around 12 years old approached her. 

Girl- Didi this is my ball

Mauli smiled at the girl

Mauli- If you want the ball you have to tell me your name. What is your name?

Girl- Meeta

Mauli- Wow that is a really sweet name. Here is the ball and here is a chocolate for you

Meeta smiles

Meeta- Will you meet my other friends as well? 

Mauli nods and Meeta takes her towards her friends. Mauli is seen having good time with children and goes to drink water at one of the children's home in a locality close by. Dr. Sinha the head of the free medical camp event learns about patients not wanting free medical camp and discusses with Sidharth. Meanwhile a man gazes at the tent and walks away after hearing the conversation.

When Mauli is drinking water at Meeta's house she learns that women in the locality are not satisfied with the treatment at free medical camp based on their past experiences. Soon, the same man who came earlier at the tent starts to speak boldly with Mauli, and she candidly replies that he is having sinus. Mauli tries her best to be polite and take the matter lightly but the man gets agitated and steps closer eventually raising his voice. Gradually she steps back as he keeps coming closer. The man who is the union leader and starts to threaten Mauli more, he takes one long stride but right in time Sidharth comes there and becomes her shield. 

But the man still carries rough attitude and pushes Sidharth away and informs on not wanting to get any advantage. Sidharth shows courage and defends himself from getting attacked and holds the man and then makes a request on wanting to do his work. He takes Mauli with him while holding her hands. 

They were walking towards camp when Sidharth asks her is she is okay as Mauli nods and thanks him. 

Soon after, on the way both find a municipal worker clearing garbage from the road who also carries a deep wound on his leg. Mauli talks to him that the wound is deep and if he didn't get immediate treatment he can die. The man – Datta is taken to the camp where Dr Sinha diagnoses he got Gangrene [mass of body tissue dies (necrosis) causing life-threatening condition] in his leg that requires immediate surgery and the infected leg needs to be amputated. Datta talks about family and also of not able to work if his leg is amputated. Sidharth steps in to give Datta confidence talks about improved science. He suggests to Datta on able to continue working even after his leg's amputation.

Soon, Datta gets some composure and wants some time to take a decision. The media people comes and meets Dr. Sinha and soon the same man who confront Mauli earlier came with other men and women belonging to his union. The man's name is Manu Bhaim union leader and wants the camp to not take place and speaks to Dr. Sinha on how poor people's life is at risk. He suggests the doctors came there for publicity and reminds of last year where doctors have blinded three people during the free camp. Manu Bhaim doesn't want to listen to doctors and Mauli tries to stop him but in vain. Soon, some children come forward to support Mauli and say the camp will go on and show their defiance. Manu is compelled to accept his defeat and goes away with his people.

Later on, the cricket match preparations are underway with Dr Sahil becoming the captain of children's team. Sidharth becomes the captain of the doctor's team. They have arranged the match so as to bring people to their camp and carries expectations on its success. However, Mauli carries worry and asks Sidharth whether people will eventually come at the camp. He asks her to not have worry on that note. 

Sidharth goes to meet Datta and his wife, and counsels them. Meanwhile, Mauli goes to meet Manu Bhaim and takes a reporter along but keeps his identity in disguise. She speaks of Datta's leg amputation and requests Manu Bhaim to give Datta some work post surgery. If he doesn't agree to help Datta then he needs to disclose how he spends the funds received from Govt. He tries to show apathy at first but soon Mauli reveals on recording his conversation using hidden camera, and is present with a reporter. He gets worried and agrees to listen to her in giving a job to Datta. At the camp, Sidharth gives his word to Datta and his wife, and he even shows them the artificial leg. Later on, Manu speaks in the locality that Datta will get a watchman's job in a school post surgery, and also lends his support to the cricket match.

Sidharth is in awe of Mauli since she convinced Manu. Dr Sinha talks to media on the need to have cricket match – Sports and Health are interconnected. The match gets underway with Sinha's team batting first and Sidharth doing the field placement. He asks Mauli to go at the cover but she speaks naively on not knowing the cover location. Sidharth takes her to the fielding position. 

The match is in full swing and it was time to switch roles. Sidharth takes Mauli  for the opening. Since MauIi is not great at cricket Sidharth makes her comfortable during their time on crease. 

However, Mauli was about to fall while running but Sidharth holds her in time and suggests that she does not play as she is pregnant. Mauli decided to take rest in the shaded area. 

Dr Sinha cheers his children's team for putting best efforts. Mauli also cheers the childrens team and tells them they have played very well she then resumes working as many villagers have started to come to attend the camp. While working from the corner of the eye she sees Sidharth working with a child. She looks at hime earnestly and somewhere deep down she tells herself that if relationship becomes toxic we need to separate ourselves, and come out from it and if we came out of a relationship, we still learn about love, support and life lessons. And most of the times, a new beginning is the answer henceforth. That day she somewhere in the corner of the heart had the spark for a new realtionship. Be it friendship or love. 

As for Sidharth he fell for her the moment he saw her. 

Flashback ends

Mauli's thoughts are disturbed when a doctor informs her that she needs to attend some emergency. She was walking towards the tent when she stepped on a rock and lost her balance. She was about to fall when Kunal saved her. 

He made her stand as she whispered a brief thank you and went into the tent. The whole scene was witnessed by Nandini who had tears forming in her eyes. The fear of losing Kunal seeped into her heart and as it did destiny once again seeped in troubles for the trio. 

**************************************************************

Phew! Long update hope you liked it, very limited maunal moments as per requests. 

Target Votes- 50