First impressions (Part 8)

Not paying too much heed to it they left.

Well what can they do when destiny has already written their story. Kunal and Nandini's dhaagaa was knotted with the one Mauli tied. They were truly Entwined by Destiny.

**************************************************************

 It was in the dead of the night when  a shadow creeped into the house. Haunting noises blew threw the windows of her room and the sound of footsteps made it to her ears. She woke up with a jerk and frantically looked around sweat beads trickled down the side if her face as she took short, fast breaths. She clutched her silk duvet tightly as she shoved it out of her way. She slowly and steadily made her way towards the door as she neared it an arm grabbed her wrist and she was pulled towards the person. 

She was about to let out a scream when the person covered her mouth

Person- Shhh, it is me! Agar tum chillayi toh Deeda aur ma uth jaayenge

Hearing the familiar voice Mauli calmed down and stopped struggling. Realising she had stopped struggling the person took his hand away from her mouth and turned her around. Mauli hit his arm as he rubbed the place she hit her an looked at her questioningly. 

Mauli- Are you crazy!? you almost gave me a mini heart attack

Person- Don't worry jaan I am a heart surgeon heart attack aajaata toh phir bhi main timhe thik kar deta!

Mauli- You are completely crazy Sidharth

Sidharth smiled at her lovingly

Mauli- But why did you come that too at this hour?

Sidharth hugged Mauli 

Sidharth- What to do, I was missing you so much 

Mauli parted the hug and playfully hit his arm

Mauli- You will never change na?

Sidharth- Never!

Mauli smiled and lead him inside the room. They both seated themselves comfortably and were chatting when something striked Sidharth's mind.

Sidharth- By the way you figured out what was your first impression on me, now I want to know what was my first impression on you!

Mauli- Okay fine! Listen

Flashback (continued from the previous flashback that was in Sidharth's point of view during Mauli and his date but this flashback is from Mauli's point of view)

Mauli was sitting in bed absolutely ecstatic about the fact she is pregnant. She was in her own thoughts when Sidharth cleared his throat making her come back to the present. 

Sidharth- Congratulations Mrs Malhotra

The last two words crumpled her excitement and threw it down the drain, she was no longer that. She did not even want to say it in her mind. She made an absolutely straight face and replied in a stern tone.

Mauli- Thanks... by the way who told you my name?

Sidharth- Your cabin door

Mauli raised her eyebrows

I mean the name plate at your cabin door. 

Mauli nodded

Mauli- It is okay, don't need to be too formal please call me Dr. Mauli 

Sidharth nodded

Mauli- Also on your way out please ask Prashant (the pune) to come here

Sidharth nodded and left within minutes the Pune was there and Mauli bursted out all her frustration on him.

Mauli- How many times do I have to tell you Prashant that change the nameplate of my cabin. I want you to do it right away. The new name plate has been sitting on my desk since days

The pune just nodded and left to do the work. Now worried thoughts clouded her mind. She had to tell Kunal after all it was his child too and he had the same amount of rights on the baby as she did. 

Flashback ends

Mauli- So basically your first impression was a disaster! Though it was not your fault but the situation was such.

Sidharth nodded clearly exasperated 

Sidharth- Fine but I am sure I had a great second impression right?

Mauli- Actually no! 

Sidharth- Why?

Mauli- Of course you know why?

Sidharth still looks confused 

Mauli- Fine let me give your forgetful brain a refresher. 

Flashback

Mauli was just sorting out her thoughts on what she should do next when shouting voices filled her ears out of curiosity she got out of the hospital bed and made her way towards the source. Much to her surprise the new doctor (Sidharth) was yelling his lungs out on a junior doctor. 

Mauli was actually shocked at his behaviour and it honestly enraged her no doctor ever screams like that, that too in a hospital. Moreover he was a new doctor and the other one was a trusted junior doctor. Mauli was so sure that Sidharth was just tryoing to show off his superiority an was about to intervene when Sidharth yelled,

Sidharth- Enough is enough get out of this clinic and never come back here again

Mauli's eyes widened she could not hold back anymore

Mauli- How can you just fire him? You do not have the right to!

Sidharth turned towards Mauli softened his tone and then spoke

Sidharth- Dr. Mauli, where right is concerned I have the full right to as I have joined as senior doctor and head of heart surgery department and he works under me.

He turned around to face the juniour doctor

Sidharth- Did you not understand what I said to you? Leave right now and never come back! you are fired!

The junior doctor left from there and the others who were looking at the scene also left. Sidharth went back to his cabin and Mauli followed him too, to give him a piece of her mind. 

Flashback ends

Sidharth- Arey but I had a valid reason for that and you also know that na!

Mauli- But that I came to know later

Sidharth- But do you remember what the reason was?

Mauli- Of course I do

Flashback

Mauli was about to enter Sidharth's cabin when she over heard the conversation going inside

A girl was sobbing while Sidharth handed her a tissue

Girl- I cannot thank you enough sir. You have done a great favour

Sidharth- Don't need to thank me, I did what was right. But why did you not complain to the authorities that he was misbehaving with you? Thank fully I saw and fired him. Next time anything like this happens do not keep quiet about it and approach somebody who can help or just slap him there and there

The girl nodded and left his cabin. Mauli hid behind the door and she saw the girl leave. The girl was also a junior doctor in the same hospital and Mauli immediately understood. 

Flashback ends

Mauli- You know Sidharth when ever I think about you I cannot help but fall for you all over again

Sidharth smiled

Sidharth- And whenever I think about you I cannot help but admire how strong you are, I cannot help but love you more

**************************************************************

Sorry no Nandini and Kunal in this chapter

I truly am overwhelmed by the support I am receiving through this FF a big big big THANK YOU to all the people who vote and comment !

Target Votes- 45