When Silence Prevails (Part 3)

Kunal and Nandini were silent spectators of what had happened, while Nandini was elated Mauli has found someone who loves her a lot and has moved on Kunal was thinking about the unsaid statements and the reason Mauli was talking about. He was happy no doubt but he was curious too.

**************************************************************

His eyes held something that she had never seen before, something she did not like. It was fear, immense fear of losing her. She knew he was still disturbed with the morning incident so she decided to lighten his mood. She hit his shoulder with her shoulder lightly and looked into his eyes.

Mauli- Still angry?

Sidharth- No 

He smiled and Mauli rest her head on his shoulder

Mauli- Don't lie

Sidharth- If you know the truth why would you ask?

Mauli faced him.

Mauli- I know why you are rattled by the whole incident, please Sidharth tension lena band karo. Whatever happened is the past, the accident also and the nearly occured accident also.

Sidharth- But the effects still loom over you don't they?

Mauli was speechless, unfortunately he was right.

 She held her ears with her hands

Mauli- Sorry na... I promise I will never do this again

They both hug and then leave for dinner. They were nicely eating dinner when a siren goes out a guard comes running and says 

guard- arey lift main koyi fas gayaa hai 

All the others also rush towards the lift, Nandini was standing there. Somebody voices out 

Stranger- Who is stuck in the lift?

Nandini- Mere pati Dr Kunal

That is when Mauli realises something, Kunal is claustrophobic. The guards try to open the door but all in vain. After ample number of try's they manage to force open the doors.

Guard- Jaldi koyi unhe haath dijiye aur bahaar layiye hum darwaazaa aur der nahi pakad payenge.

Immediately both Nandini and Mauli kneel down and stretch out their hands in order to help Kunal. They both look at each other and Mauli immediately takes her hand back and stands up. For a second she had forgotten everything and only his safety was her concern. But she should not be concerned Kunal's wife will take care of him...which she is not anymore. 

Nandini helps Kunal out as he gasps for breath. He starts coughing badly, Nandini pats his back and somebody offers him a bottle of water when Mauli speaks out. 

Mauli- Since Dr Kunal is claustrophobic give him some cold water he will feel better

She emphasises on the doctor and then turns to leave not before having a last look at Kunal, she could see the hurt evident on his face. His eyes held her gaze, the pain evident. She takes a deep breath and  leaves from there. Sidharth follows Mauli out. 

Here Nandini makes Kunal drink some cold water and he feels better. 

Nandini- Aap thik toh hai?

Kunal just nods his thoughts are occupied by Mauli's reaction her indifference was piercing daggers through his heart. But why? why was he so hurt with her reaction after all it was his decision to leave her, it was he who hurt her and he was ready to face her hate but then why? why was her indifference hurting so much?