Sweet Nothings and Bitter Memories (Part 2)

Sidharth glances at the two faces who were staring at him. Very well knowing who they are he just walks off. Shutting the door behind him. Kunal and Nandini then walk in to their own room a mixture of thoughts in their mind but they decide to put it aside and try to enjoy their time here.

But how can all go well when the three of them are together?

**************************************************************

The night was a slow one, Mauli sat staring out of the window at the dark sky. She looked at the full moon, the stars around and the city lights. She looked back at the moon who had become her best friend 2 years ago. She would complain, rant and cry her heart out too it. Sometimes it would hide from her the other days it would disappear but she din't mind, she knew sometimes it needed a break from her complains. Thoughts about the day when her perfect life broke, thoughts about the day her dreams were shattered over took her mind.

 A lone tear escaped her eye which she immediately wiped. Though there was know one to see, she cannot fall weak, not even in front of herself. Why should she punish herself for someone else's deeds. 7 years! 7 full years of her life were spent in living a lie? No! She had seen it in Kunal's eyes, she had seen true love for her. But then what happened, if their bond was truly strong how did it break so easily. 

Stop her mind yelled. Shut up just shut up. Do not think about all of this, look where you are in life today, think about Sidharth. Just as his name crossed her thoughts a smile played on her lips, she looked up at the sky not knowing whether to thank god or berate him. But the one thing she knew was that the past cannot be changed but she has the power of the present to shape her future.

On the other hand Nandini was standing in the balcony missing the days of her friendship. 

Bahut galat kiya na humne tumhare saath Mauli, hum tumhare maafi kay layak bhi nahi rahegay. 7 saal pehle humare raaste alag hue the humari galat decision ke wajaese, humari galati ki wajase. Phir bhi jab saat saal baad hum mile tum hamare saath khadi rahi, hume apne ghar mein rakha aur maine wahi ghar ujaad diya. Lekin lya karte Mauli, humne apne dil ko bahuth samjhaane ki koshish ki lekin dil nahi maana aur hum apne dil ke samne haar gaye. 

Tears start to roll down her eyes though she gained her love the emptiness of the bond she shared with Mauli was still there which probably would remain with her a life time. Suddenly an arm snakes around her and Kunals head rests on her shoulder. 

Kunal- Kya hua Nandini itni udaas kyu lagrahi ho?

Nandini- Kuch nahi bas kuch purane yaadon ne aakhe num kardi. Tum soye kyoo nahi

Kunal- Tumharaa intezaar kar raha tha.

The both walk to the bed, switch of the lights and lie down. Nandini dozes of but Kunal is unable too his mind was hovering around the incidents in his life. He remembers his time with Mauli and then with Nandini. He closes his eyes and sees Mauli in front of him

Kunal- Jo humare beech tha Mauli woh jhooth nahi tha, jo bhi tha bahaut khubsurath tha. Lekin jab mein tumhare saath hota hoon to Nandini ki kami mahesoos hoti hai aur jab Nandini ke saath hota hoon toh ek ajeeb si khaalipan mehsoos hota hai. Main kya karta...

Mauli- Mujhe samjhaa rahe ho ya apne aap ko? Yeh khaalipan pyaar ka ya guilt ka? Nandini ki kami kab se khatakne lagi tumhe Kunal? Kehte hai Kunal ki shaadi ki buniyad sirf beintehaa mohobbat honi chahiye aur kuch nahi kyoki agar buniyaad galat ho toh rishtey tooth jaatey hai. Jaise humare saath hua... Saalon baad khushiyan phir mili...

Kunal- Mohobbat ki manzil bhi mili par aksar yeh khayaal ataa hai ki kaash is mazil ke raaste main toote hue dil se naa guzri ho...

Mauli- Uss toote hue dil ko kisi or ne jod liya ab ye kisi aur ke liye dhadakta hai...

Kunal opens his eyed with a jerk, realising it was just a figment of imagination he goes to sleep. On the other hand Sidharth sat in his room holding a photo frame with Mauli's photo in it. He caresses the photo with his fingers and whispers to the photo

Sidharth- We both have seen so much in life Mauli, jab main tumse mila tha tum bilkul tooti hui thi tab main tumhare saath nahi tha lekin ab hu aur hamesha tumhare saath rahunga, tumhare is muskaan ko bacha ke rakhoonga. Main bahut luck hu Mauli ki tum mere zindagi main aayi. I love you Mauli.

He hugs the photo and goes to sleep. Soon enough the sunrises, all 4 of them are at breakfast with their respective partners. When a loud scream is heard all the people look towards the source of the voice. A car is speeding towards a young child on the road, not thinking twice Mauli gets up and runs towards the boy, Kunal, Nandini and Sidharth also run after her. Mauli rushes towards the boy picks him up in her arms and rolls to the other side missing the car by an inch. 

Sidharth Kunal and Nandini- MAULI!!!!!

The trio run towards her. Kunal was about to get down on his knees and help her up but Sidharth does that first. 

Sidharth- Mauli, Mauli utho.

Mauli- I am fine Sidharth

she says while handing over the baby to a teary mother while the mother thanks her.

Sidharth- Fine!? You almost got hit by a car, and your forehead is bleeding

Mauli- Relax Sid... it is just a small cut

Sidharth- Chalo mein thumari dressing kardeta hoon.

He helps her up and she tries to walk but stumbles and he catches her on time.

Sidharth- Chal ne ke haalath mein bhi nahi ho tum aur kahe rahi hoon I am fine!

Saying this he lifts her up in his arms and takes her back to the breakfast place, carefully seats her there and orders for a first aid box. He then dresses her wound, ties a crepe bandage on her right foot. 

Sidharth- Kya zaroorat thi hero bane ki? Tumhe kuch hojata to?

Mauli- Sid tum jante ho maine apne bach...

She pauses looking at Kunal and Nandini standing there along with the others

Mauli- Mujhe kuch hua nahi na! toh bas!

Sidharth just engulfs her in a hug and whispers

Sidharth- Agar tumhe kuch hojata to main marjaataa 

Mauli- Shhhh! aisi baate nahi karte.

They part the hug and she notices tears in Sidharth's eyes. She cups his face and brushes away the tears with her thumb.

Mauli- Sid please ro mat...kuch nahi hua mujhe I am fit and fine 

She looks at the crowd that her gathered and they understand that duo would like some privacy and disperse. Mauli was sitting on the chair and Sidharth was sitting on his knees holding both of Mauli's hands.

Sid now breaks down completely the tears don't seem to stop and all of Mauli's consolation goes in vain.

Sidharth- Tum ... tum nahi jaanti ho Mauli... tumhe maut ke...maut ke itne karib dekh kar mujh par kya guzri hai. Tumhe ek baar pehli bhi khote khote bacha hu waapas nahi Mauli waapas Nahi.

Mauli- Kuch nahi hoga mujhe, main jaanti hoon jab tak tum mere saath ho, mere paas ho mujhe kuch nahi hoga. Aur tum to jaante ho maine ye kyu kiya na?

Sidharth nods

Mauli- Ab bas rona band karo. 

Kunal and Nandini were silent spectators of what had happened, while Nandini was elated Mauli has found someone who loves her a lot and has moved on Kunal was thinking about the unsaid statements and the reason Mauli was talking about. He was happy no doubt but he was curious too. 

**************************************************************

This part was personally really emotional for me, I am not an emotional person but I was in tears while writing the Sidharth and Mauli scene. 

Target votes- 10