xxx. april 12th, 2017.

APRIL 12TH, 2017.

today was the day that lynn got to reunite with tom for the first time in over a month and a half, ever since they'd split. she didn't know if they counted as "split" anymore, but she sure hoped not. being with him sounded amazing, and it most certainly had been whenever they were officially together. he was always the sweetest.

lynn had on one of tom's button down t-shirts that he'd managed to leave at her house during the nasty split, and she was wearing a pair of her own dark wash, ripped black jeans. she was draped across her couch, awaiting his arrival.

since she'd promised him a gift, she'd went out and got him a toy. one of his favourite moments, she knew, so she hoped it would be special for him. she had gotten him his own figurine of pop-vinyl cross dressing him as rihanna for the lip sync battle. it was one of her favourite moments in his life as well.

a knock sounded on her door, in a familiar rhythm. it was tom. there was no way that it wasn't! she leaped up from the couch, quickly stuffing the pop-vinyl figure into her gift bag, before making her way over to the door. she unlocked it, her chest heaving with an excited breath.

then she pulled the door open to reveal a sight for sore eyes.

tom was standing there, a bundle of vibrant red roses in one arm, and the other hand stuffed deep into his pocket. as soon as they saw each other, his face lit up, and instantly, he moved in for a tight hug. lynn gladly accepted it, hugging him back just as tightly.

what surprised her, however, was that tom leaned back and planted a small kiss upon her lips. she froze for a moment, having missed this touch towards her, but she also wasn't sure what to do. did this mean... they were still a thing? she hoped so.

lynn quickly leaned back up once his lips left hers, and she pecked his lips again, making sure to keep the kiss soft and sweet. a smile engulfed their faces as they parted.

"as you can see... i brought you the roses, angel." he smiled at her, his cocoa brown eyes twinkling with utter happiness. he was genuinely happy to be around her once more.

"they're beautiful... thank you, tom." she gently took the roses from his arm, before tucking them under her own. she outstretched the hand with her gift in it towards him. "i got you something as well, like i promised."

a childish grin overcame tom's already ecstatic features. he grabbed the gift from her, slowly, despite his excitement, and he opened it.

his eyes widened. "holy shit! this is the coolest toy i've ever seen! thank you, angel, really!" he leaned over and planted another kiss on her lips, his lips tugged back into a light smile as he did so.

"you're welcome, tom. i figured you'd like it." she beamed, proud of herself for getting him the perfect "welcome back" gift.

suddenly, everything turned serious for a moment in time. tom grabbed both of lynn's hands, before leading her over to the couch and ushering for her to sit down. she obeyed, slowly taking a seat and fixing her - his - shirt.

"i have a very important question to ask you. alright?" tom began, his tone serious compared to his usually playful demeanour.

"yeah? of course." lynn gave him an assuring smile, before leaning back against the couch.

his next words shocked the hell out of her.

"will you marry me?" he was on one knee now, his hand fishing whatever he'd been fiddling with out of his pocket. a small box, with a diamond ring hidden within it.

tears sprung to her eyes. what else could she say?

the only answer was...

"yes!"