Dance my heart out • Richelle/Nochelle

▶️This is about the 17th Episode of Season 6, so if you haven't watched it you probably won't understand this one shot.

Richelle's P.O.V.

I can't believe Noah picked Summer over me. I thought I had done my best, I thought I was a better dancer than her, I thought he had known me long enough to know what I'm capable to do. I guess not.

I need to get out of here, I can't be here. I am too disappointed on myself... I need to dance. Dance. My way of feeling better. Sometimes dance is so stressful. But right now, I don't want to think about stress. I want to feel dance.

It's like I lost my self-esteem. Right now, I feel like I am not one of the best dancers anymore, I mean I am not in any of the dances. No one ever recognises my dance. At the beginning, Miss Angela chose mine and Finn's duet and I was so happy! But then, thanks to me, Miss Angela left The Next Step and then Michelle & Emily replaced her. Summer got the front row center. I got the middle row, as if I was just an ordinary dancer. As if I wasn't even a good dancer. Then we auditioned for the solos, and Summer got picked. At the prom, Summer was the Prom Queen. On the Hip-Hop routine auditions she was picked. And now, she was picked for the contemporary routine.... Over me.... Because she had emotions featured on her dance? She can only do aerials! Her technique is not the best! To me Piper has a better technique! I have a better technique! Jacquie too! But why does Summer have everything handed to her? What does she have that I don't? I can have emotions if I want to, but I prefer focusing on moves and technique first.

I arrive at the music room, and choose a song that.... I don't know why I chose it but it seemed the right song: If only by Dove Cameron

I start dancing, and just let the song enter my body and soul. I start feeling a fierce. And sadness. I start dancing my heart out. It is feeling so well.... I am feeling some tears on my eyes. Then I do some tricks, but they're different.... They have a powerful fierce and emotion. I am so disappointed on myself! I just want to dance that disappointment!!! As if I was kicking it out of my life! On every jump, I give my all. As if I wanted to touch the sky. I felt like I was flying. Then I do turns. I feel like water.

"On the middle front row we have Summer!" I do a leg kick as if I was kicking against a wall. That wall is something that isn't letting me being the best dancer.

"We have chosen Summer for the solo" I do three front aerials before sliding to the floor, and I feel another tear on my cheek. What do I have wrong? I feel like I am invisible sometimes.

"The dancers that will be in the routine are... Summer, thanks for your emotion" I do a high jump, as if I was flying while I felt some frustration so when my feet touch the wooden floor, I do a pirouette and do the split.

 Summer, thanks for your emotion" I do a high jump, as if I was flying while I felt some frustration so when my feet touch the wooden floor, I do a pirouette and do the split

"Richelle, as usual, your technique was implacable but I just didn't feel the connection or the emotion" I was so sad and disappointed. Noah knows me better than anyone else in this studio! We used to hang out all the time! We made jokes and we were always cheerful laughing and smiling. We were supportive with each other mutually. We would study together too. We would watch films. But all that faded away. Sometimes I wonder if he still remembers those times.... I wonder if he misses our friendship.. Now we act like we had known each other only for a few months. With Lola, things were kind of.... More hurtful. We used to hang out all the time, but then my injury and my selfishness just came on our way and ruined everything. I haven't heard anything from her until this day. I was so selfish.... Maybe I am an awful person. What if I haven't realised that? What if I am the only one who's wrong? Maybe that's why no one ever recognises my dancing. Maybe that's why Noah stopped hanging out with me...

I do the highest jump. The most powerful jump of them all.

And then the song starts to slow down and I just let the sadness make me dance like water again

And then the song starts to slow down and I just let the sadness make me dance like water again. Then it comes to an end.

I catch my breath and I realise I had never danced like this. I feel a few more tears fall. I am a total mess. Emotions leave us like this. But it felt so good. I needed this...

Suddenly I hear someone clapping. I jump and quickly turn my head to the music room's door. The whole A-Troupe is here. Like... Everyone. Even Michelle & Emily. Oh boy....

They're clapping a lot! I feel kind of scared... I mean I was crying and I am not used to be the center of attentions! They start walking towards me, hugging me. I smile. They're amazing! After a while we pull away and Noah wipes my tears away while everyone exclaims what I just did was unbelievable and amazing and all those great adjectives! I am kind of surprised that Noah wipped my tears but I am not thinking about that! I am thinking about what this means! Do they really like me? Well i guess so!

"Richelle you're definitely a part of the contemporary routine!" Emily & Michelle exclaim. YAYYY I am so happy!!!!! I did it! I finally did it! I am not a middle row dancer! I am not just an ordinary girl! I do matter!

I start jumping with joy and we hug again, as the united team we are.

_______________

987 words

I don't really know what this is, I was just so frustrated that Summer was chosen that I felt the need to write this. It is probably horrible but oh well