Hold Me Tight • Bryles

Briar's Point Of View

Today has been a tiring one. I don't know if it's because the weather was cloudy, or if I'd been overworking myself lately, but I sure felt less energetic than the average days.

I am walking to a self-care shop, just to pamper myself, and relax a bit. I look up to the sky, and it's easy to tell - it's going to rain soon, big time. I enter and greet the girl behind the counter. We already know each other, since I come here often.

After getting what I needed, like moisturisers, exfoliators, soaps, hair and facial mascara, I pay it all. It is a bit expensive, but in my opinion, it's better to bet on quality, even if it's more expensive.

When I walk out, I get a call from shelby.

"Hi girl!" I happily greeted my best friend.

"Hey B, so I was wondering, could you come to this restaurant near the lake? I really need someone to talk to and I didn't want to have dinner all by myself."

"Yeah sure, but how about Wren?" I asked confused.

"Long story, I'll tell you later"

"Alright, see ya Shelbs, love you"

"Love you too B, see ya"

I end the call. She seemed sort of upset. I detected it on her voice, and come on - I know my best friend, and I'm pretty sure it has to do with her boyfriend Wren.

I feel a water drop on my skin. I look at it, and then at the sky. I very soon realise it has started raining, so I run to my car and get inside it.

Right now, I'm living by myself on an apartment. At first, my parents were worried, since something with my epilepsy medicine could go wrong and I could have a seizure while sleeping. But I can't let my condition get in the way of my dreams. I am fearless now. All I want to do is audition for World Of Dance. I want to pursue my dreams. And there's no way epilepsy is taking that away from me.

I used to date Myles, but we broke up. We just kind of fell apart, and decided it was better if we followed our paths by ourselves. I can't lie though, because I do still love him. But it's just way too complicated, because at the same time, I hate him... We lost the spark, we fought everyday, and I don't think he ever loved me as much as I loved him. At least not until one or two months ago, because all we'd do was work, and we didn't even have time for one another.

Lost in my thoughts, I realise I've arrived at the restaurant. I get out of the car and run a bit to the door, as it is still raining a bit.

I look around and see Shelby sat down at a table.

"Hey" We greet and hug, both with smiles on our faces. We love being around each other, and with all the busy work, we barely even have time to hang out.

"So.. I've noticed you're a bit upset, what's up?"

"Wren and I had a fight..."

"Oh don't worry about that Shelbs, every couples fight all the time"

"But this time it was serious... We said things we didn't feel, we hurt each other with words, and everything was way out of control... I don't know what to do..." Shelby sighs desperately.

I hold her hands "I think you should first calm down. You should go home, take a warm shower and get to bed. Tomorrow you'll feel a lot better, and by then, just try to talk to him. Explain you didn't mean what you said and I'm sure you'll both be fine again"

"I think you're right, I just hope I can manage to sleep" She comments, looking down at her hands. "Anyways, enough of feeling sorry for myself. How are things going with... you know... Myles?"