Into You (2) - Bryles

here you go sav, part two :)

Briar's Point of View

It has been a week ever since I had that F, and that I was sent to detention. I tried to explain Miss Campbell my point of view, that I had a hang out with my friends to which I had already said yes, and that I didn't mean to offend her. But she didn't listen - she kept on yelling at me. It was like I had something in myself that she didn't like.

I knew my teacher had never liked me before - she would always call me a spoilt girl. But it wasn't nothing I couldn't handle. However, ever since that day she saw me 'flirting' with Myles, it got worse.

This woman is a nightmare.

My parents obviously flipped. Not only did I have an F but I also got into detention, and we can say my parents are absolutely rigorous when it comes to school matters. They grounded me. I haven't been able to go out with my friends, because they won't let me. I still talk to them at school though, but I miss it. I miss it when none of this happened. I miss it when I'd spend afternoons with my friends. But this woman ruined it. She ruined my life.

I am now on my bedroom, with a high ponytail on, studying math - of course my parents forced me to study nonstop.

I hear my phone buzz multiple. It's my friends.

You see, my friends have this group chat in which they text constantly. And I honestly wish I could be talking to them but I need to finish my studying as soon as possible.

Apart from that, I see Myles that has sent me a message.

'hiii i miss you so much :( we all do.'

I smile while typing 'hi baby :( miss y'all more... but there's nothing i can really do at the moment :/ but don't worry, tomorrow it's monday so we get to see each other again :)'

He immediately opens it, and starts typing 'how about we meet tomorrow before school to have some time alone, what do you say? you can always tell your parents you have to get some studying done ;)'

'thats actually a great idea, i hope they buy it'

'they will...i can't wait <33'

I open our friend group chat.

jessica
'shut up nick, i obviously won that round'

nick
'ya you wish. y'all saw the game i was the winner'

andrew
'ya well bro i think it was a tie'

marissa
'um i'm sorry but it's tots obvious that jess won'

myles
'lmaoo i wasn't even paying attention but let's ignore that 😳'

olivia
'you're all still fighting about that bowling game omg i can't stand yall bye'

I hold the back of my neck, smiling. I don't know what I would do without these people. They have the power of turning sadness into happiness in a matter of seconds.

They probably noticed I was reading their messages, because Olivia immediately sends a 'Bri!'

me
'hii'

marissa
'heyyy'

nick
'ayoo shortiee'

myles
'hi cutie ❤️'

jessica
'hi brii we missed you so much ❤️☹️'