Love the way you lie • Bryles

Briar's Point Of View

"Oh so because of that you decided to compliment her body?" I shout at him.

"So what? It's none of your business either way! Why do you have to act so bitchy about it Briar, I do what I want with my life so just say out of it!" Myles fires back.

"None of my business??? Bitchy??? Are you really going to be like that Myles seriously?? That's kind of low from you don't you think??"

"Why does it bother you so much if I am interested in other girls?? We're just friends and it's not like you can control what I do whatsoever!?"

"Friends?? Yeah right Myles, we used to be best friends, but thanks to that damn f*ckin' night we're practically enemies now!"

It all changed on that night. All I can remember is - his hands touching me with so much desire, his lips kissing mine with so much intensity. Our hearts beating so fast. That was the craziest yet worst night of my life. Crazy because we were so blinded by alcohol, and what we did felt great. But also worst because it changed our lives for good.

I bet you might be a little confused as to what I'm talking about....

Myles and I were at a party of some friends. We were best friends, we were unstoppable together. Everyone envied us - our talent, our fame, our looks and pretty much our lives. But things quickly got out of control. One beer after another, one cocktail, two, three... Before we even knew it, our bodies were glued to each other, lips on lips, tongues exploring mouths, all of this ending up in a random room on that house. I can remember how much pleasure we both felt, the chemistry between us. Just like a big flame. I remember us being loud, to the point where people knocked on the door as a way of shutting us up, laughed, teased. But we didn't care at that moment.

The next morning, I felt very tired. And so did he. But it was so awkward.

"Did what I think happened happen?" I asked very confused and shocked.

Myles didn't answer. He looked at his naked body and then at my naked body, well I had already put a bra on but still... His face expression was very shocked. I wanted him to say something. His hair was such a mess, making him look even hotter.

I wasn't going to deny - I felt attracted to him, but only physically, and I hated myself for it. We were best friends. Best friends aren't supposed to sleep together.

After getting dressed, I ran away from that house, from him. I was planning on never seeing him again in my life. He called, I ignored. He texted, I told him to leave me alone. I cried and cried. Screamed in my pillow.

But I still missed him. This was killing me.

The next days at school and at CDC, it was very hard to ignore him, but not impossible.

This had happened one year ago. We were practically strangers, but then became enemies. We couldn't be in the same room without fighting, without hurting the other with words.

The truth is, every time Myles is flirting with another girl, it drives me crazy. I just can't stand it. I can't. And so can't he when I'm with other guys. It has been like this for months, and I honestly don't know what to do anymore.

"Well don't blame it on me now Briar, I wasn't the only one who was drunk!"

"Whatever Myles be like that, just go away, you know what I'll leave instead, I can't even look at your face right now" I say walking out.

"Fine! We both know I'm right"

I roll my eyes and point my middle finger at him while walking fastly away. Away from him, that's what I want right now.