CAIN

Teleportation was a great way to get around, but it was not without its side-effects. Most bloodline traits had certain flaws. The Magia children had inherited this bloodline gift from their mother, Valerie Magia. The first time Cain Magia ever attempted this form of transportation he vomited, mostly bile. He still felt dizzy when he opted to travel long distances and he took a second to compose himself. To the untrained eye, he looked like a drunk who had been spun around on a swivel chair. His gait a little clumsy as he swayed to and fro.

He was in Kork, northeast of Emirulore, near the harbour. The putrid stench of fish guts mingled with the fresh salty sea breeze. He went to a block of flats where one of his girls lived, he only hoped she had not moved, he sensed she had not. The newly erected apartment block was made up of red bricks, its wide windows offering a great view across the harbour. He looked at the buzzer and tried to remember her number, he thought it was number four and so he pressed the silvery doorbell and waited for an answer.

A young full-figured lady looked out the window and smiled blissfully down at him. After a few seconds, the electronic door buzzed opened. Cain entered. Inside the apartment block it was rather dark, until he turned on the lights. Inside, it was the opposite of the rustic look from the outside. It was very modern indeed. The smell of fresh paint still lingered on the walls; the tiles had a pinkish hue.

As he walked up the stairs to the second floor, he was greeted by another Seasonal he knew, Electra "The Belle" Lavelle. Cain glanced towards her unique big head of hair, it looked like a small racoon had attacked her head and got stuck there. She had the biggest rack he had ever seen which was accentuated by the corset she wore. In truth, she was dressed to go to the fetish club in a short frilly skirt, stockings and suspenders and not a late-night dander to the docks. Cain was surprised she was in and even more surprised she was not drunk. Electra was a sociable creature by nature. She loved her alcohol and would drink just about anything put in front of her, red wine mixed with white - Cain had seen it all before.

"I need ya," Cain informed her sternly, but not in the way the blithely Electra hoped. Again, she had misread the signals. She gaped into his eyes and went to grope him, but he snubbed her approach by taking a step back and putting his hand between hers.

"I need your power." He paid her a stern look. Her rare bloodline trait was being able to tamper with electrical currents. In other words, she was a berating EMP bomb.

"Anything," she said seductively.

"Have you still got the briefcases?" he asked.

"Yeah." She nodded her head.

"Get them for me, would you," he commanded her.

Like an obedient slave, she went back into her abode. Cain peeked into her flat, he was not nosy, he just wanted to know if Electra was settled. He noticed that there were many boxes that she had yet to unpack. The hallway light flickered on and off, the bulb needed to be changed or was that her? In any case, Cain patiently waited for Electra to return and eventually she came back with two black leather briefcases. These cases had a security lock on them and a dinky handle.

"Good," Cain said. He observed them closely whilst she still had a hold of them. They had not been meddled with, but he already sensed that. This only cemented his dependence in her.

"Want to come in?" she said sweetly still trying her best to seduce him. "I don't have any liquor left but eh—"

"No, we have to go," he insisted not even giving her a moment to finish her sentence. He led the way back out onto the street, it was quiet bar the odd peace officer out on patrol. Electra had enough time to grab a long coat and lock the door and she promptly joined him outside. Cain took the briefcases from her, and with haste, they made their way to the harbour.