NIKITA (EDITED)

For Nikita Seidel it was another day done. She felt like she had to do everything around here. Her father spent his days getting to the end of a bottle of whiskey. It was the only way he knew too dull the pain and forget the ghosts of his past. The blithely twins do their best but sometimes there best is not near good enough. They can be more of a hindrance in truth. Abel, she missed him, she missed him dearly. No lie in that. Not a day went by when she did not think of him. He might be her adopted brother, but she loved him profoundly.

Nikita Seidel was not overly glamorous, she would be the first to admit she was rather plain. She was very curvaceous, think of an hour glass. She had long black hair usually tied up in a messy bun. She was not into glam that much so seldom did she adorn make up. What strikes one is the fact that she has these amazing orange coloured eyes. It is like magma in a sense. None before her had eyes so peculiar, none but one. She often asked her father about it, but he gave her no definitive answer, but he did say she was special. She felt an uncanny power in her that she could not explain. A foreign feeling.

She was finishing up doing the dishes as the brew percolated. Her pert sisters, the twins were upstairs as ever making a right racket. Whilst her father was in the next room watching the television and slowly getting drunker. She looked up and out the window and observed two men walking toward the cottage. As they came closer, she realized she knew them, and a smile erupted on her face, affection gleamed in her uncanny magma eyes. Nikita dropped everything and promptly turned on the porch light. She went out to greet the two weary journeymen.

Nikita was smiling and held her arms wide open. "Hello, Raziel," she said in her best comforting tone. "Long time no see."

"Greetings, Kitty," Raziel said warming to her sympathetic salutation. Embracing her warmly pecking her on the cheek she returned the peck with one of her own.

Then she blushed, "Abel," she said more timidly with a winsome smile. She fancied Abel even though her father had forbidden any relationship between the pair. Her father deemed them, brother and sister, no more no less.

"Alright Kitty," Abel replied with a crooked smile.

Nikita firmly slapped Abel square on the cheek, leaving an immediate bright red mark. This caused Raziel to guffaw, much to Abel's dissatisfaction.

"Ouch! God damn it! That hurt!" Abel exclaimed, rubbing his now rosy red cheek.

She knew she had a firm bitch slap that most likely stung like a thousand bees all striking at once. "That was for not keeping in touch with us, this last year," she said in a choleric manner, crossing her arms across her bosom in a huff. At least Abel got an answer. Then Nikita looked at him and smiled, there was no way she could stay incensed at him. "Well, at least your back," she looked on the bright side. "I guess I have Raziel to thank for that. "Raziel did acknowledge Nikita's thanks and placed his hand on his chest and semi-bowed. "Please. Please, come in and get out of the cold," she beseeched them. "It's such a miserable night, it is supposed to rain soon." Nikita ushered her guests into the small compact kitchen. "Would you like a cup of tea? Or coffee?" She played the attentive host well.

"Aye. . . I'd love a cup of tea," Raziel admitted. "If it's not too much trouble."

"Oh, it's fine," Nikita said being hospitable as ever. "No trouble at all."

"Is this the same kitchen?" Abel asked overly in awe.

"It's some change," Raziel also noted.

Both the journeymen were keenly looking at all the fixtures and fittings.

"You both like it then?" Nikita ecstatically smiled closing her hand together as if in prayer. She was thrilled that both Abel and Raziel approved of the renovated kitchen. After all, it was her and her sister's vision, mostly her vision she would have you know. Her father's money of course. Gone was the decadent wooden counter and in its place was a light and rich granite one. The sole window was much wider than before a picture window with awning. The oven, microwave, kettle and gas hob were all new and all black. It looked perfect and ideal for a modern world.