ABEL (EDITED)

"Abel!" Nikita had called for him in a reedy tone. "Abel!" She said again at the top of her voice. Why, those in Nirvana could hear her. Abel knew his food was ready. He eventually dragged himself away from the congenial company of the twins. Mary and Jane had urged him to stay up for another while, but Abel's incessant hunger had gotten the better of him, he was starving as his stomach growled again. "I need food" his gut was saying.

"I'll be back," Abel told them as he finished drinking the last of the wine from his cup. The twins had another bottle awaiting his return. That is if they did not drink it all before, he returned that is, which was likely. Abel quickly made his way downstairs, into the kitchen and wasted no time what so ever in settling down and eating. He was so fixated on filling his stomach he didn't even notice Bob and Raziel were no longer in the cottage. "Mm," he delightedly moaned as he ate, "delicious," he pointed out with a mouthful. Ham sandwiches with rippled crisps on the side.

"Eh. . . FYI. . ." Nikita said. "Don't talk with your mouth full," she added quite distastefully. "It's not becoming." Nikita always encouraged good proper etiquette, as she like Abel and the twins had a relatively stringent upbringing.

Abel, on the other hand, had spent enough time away from his adopted home, to pick up some bad habits. Abel shrugged his shoulders up slightly, almost expecting another slap of some description, but Nikita didn't strike him, not this time. A mean glare was enough for her to make a point, Abel understood where Kitty was coming from without hearing her speak a word. "Got it," Abel said once he had masticated.

Nikita began doing the dishes. Abel knew she preferred doing them now, so as when she woke up in the morning there wouldn't be any additional tasks to do. Nikita was usually busy come morning, what with completing mundane tasks in the house and out on the farm.

Abel was finished eating when Raziel and Bob walked back in.

Abel noticed Bob was deep in thought, as he made his way back into the living room. Raziel sat down at the table.

"What is up with him?" Abel proceeded to ask.

Raziel typically ignored the question. "What have we got here," he excitedly gloated, but before anyone could answer him, he had taken a bite to find out for himself. Raziel was just as famished as Abel, maybe more so. The Enlighted did after all live the life of a tramp. Scrounging on the streets. Abel pictured him moving from dustbin to dustbin to find nourishment. A half-eaten apple here a bag of chips there. Whatever he could find, Abel guessed. "Mm... my favourite," Raziel pointed out, "tofu and mustard, jalapeno's and black peppers," he smiled joyously. "This is very tasty," Raziel said as he began to eat. "How did you know?"

"Oh... I have a good memory," Nikita replied sweetly.

"Well thank you, Kitty," Raziel kindly complemented her efforts in between chewing. The Enlighted was fully cognizant of proper table etiquette even his elbows were low.

Nikita was pleased that her endeavours were indeed appreciated by someone this night. "You are quite welcome," she replied with a pleasing smile.

Abel looked strangely at Raziel, "is it not a bit hot?"

"On the contrary," Raziel replied. "It's still a bit mild for my liking."

"Mild!" Abel responded slightly flabbergasted. "That would burn out of my mouth."

"It's all I can taste really. I can only taste something extremely hot and spicy or something sweet and tasty. Besides, each to their own. Am I right?"

"True dat," Abel replied as he took up his near clean plate, only a few crumbs were left. He walked over toward the sink. Rather ungratefully he handed the ceramic plate to Nikita to wash up. "There you go," he said, he was rather insolent not that he meant to be.