ABEL (EDITED)

Eventually, Rhian stopped, as did Madraban and Abel. The badger made an admission. "we're here, lads."

"But. . . there is nothing there," Abel pointed out, expecting to see a bosky area of some description. To the untrained eye, there appeared to be just more land with the backdrop of the great Half Mountain. It was called the Half Mountain because its split east and west of Emirulore. One side was rich with fertile land, that was the east. The West where Abel intended to go was knows as the poorer half of Emirulore. Poor land for the most part and endless hills for miles and miles.

"Remember what I told you," Rhian recollected, "there is an invisible blanket covering this wood. Follow me in, lads," Rhian would echo, "follow me in." Rhian walked forward first and then he just vanished. Abel and Madraban looked at one another and both were bemused. Rhian's head then re-emerged, and he held out a humanoid paw. "Are you two coming?" Rhian asked them and then the badger vanished once more. Madraban gulped as he looked at Abel and then the albino went in next and Abel not liking to be left on his own promptly followed.

The aberrant trio had entered the magical Runda Wood.

Abel gazed around, it was a tranquil bosky region with glaucous pine trees and mighty oaks, the trees here had their own space in which to grow and each tree seemed to respect its neighbours plot. Around the woodland floor were ferns, grasses, mushrooms, and tree seedlings. Abel's ears could faintly distinguish the echoing sounds of what he presumed were other Manimals murmuring far away.

"Excuse me," a faint squeaky voice came from below him and when he looked down, he saw there was an adorable dormouse on two feet. Another Manimal. The dormouse had black beady eyes, a pink nose, and other delectable features. He even wore a warrior's garment and even had an endearing toothpick size sword. Would you believe?

"Oh sorry," Abel said as he took a step back. He could if he wished to crush this little critter with his size nine boot.

"Hello Rhian," the dormouse said with a winsome smile.

"Florence," Rhian replied and just like that the dormouse scurried off into the depths of the woods. No doubt on the prowl for a merry adventure.

The woods seemed alive with hidden secrets that only it knew. Abel wanted to learn. Be the sponge he told himself. "This is brilliant," Abel said. This magical place temporarily took his mind of Raziel's horrific end.

"You think?" Rhian answered. The badger was probably used to these surroundings by now and probably saw nothing spectacular.

"Yeah," Madraban agreed as he winced again. The albino's jubilant response caused him severe pain. Abel gently patted his back.

"We'll get you patched up in no time," Rhian affirmed.

"If everyone just hid here, we might avoid war," Abel pointed out.

"Aye, and eh, for how long might everyone survive?" Rhian pondered to himself. "Ever hear the expression you can run but ya can't hide? Besides, Runda Wood is supposed to be a secret refuge. You must not tell anyone of this place. Got it?" Rhian's usually upbeat tone sounded seriously stubborn. Abel and Madraban looked at each other and sort of nodded their heads and then they gazed at Rhian. "Jennifer forbid my master will not be pleased."

"Will he be angry?"

"Livid," Rhian was quick of the mark to respond. "No one can know the way to Runda Wood, or so my master says. And now I must ask you both kindly to never share where this refuge is with anyone. Got it?" For the badger, as cute as he was, could still give you an evil eye when he wanted too.

"I swear by it," Abel said emphatically.

"Sure," Madraban added sounding less than convincing.