CAIN (EDITED)

All I can think about is her, the woman I love. The one with the magma coloured eyes. Not that she remembers me. From up above him, in Nirvana, he saw a blinding white light come toward him. The light emitting from this being was so bright. This Divine now stood over Cain and then knelt by his side and touched him on the cheek. This finger alone had an incredible power, Cain could feel it. He then heard a blessed voice which sounded like a woman, he thought he heard it before. "Now is not your time, Cain Magia," were the Divines soothing words. Cain knew who it was, it had to be Jennifer, the Creator, who else could it have been. Cain's soul was rejuvenated, he felt it. The woman's voice begged him, "There is an enemy unknown to all, Cain Magia. She will come out of the shadow of evil soon."

"What do you mean?" A still-weak Cain asked still on his back, but his head was raised as he leaned on his elbow to push himself up. Still he could not see any of the Divines features, for a white glow brighter than any light he had seen before cloaked this woman.

"Your time will come, Cain Magia, but not today, there is still time to do some good." The Divine walked backward and got brighter and zoomed up into the sky to reside back in Nirvana. Here in the Abyss, it was dark again and cold too.

Words could not explain what had happened to Cain, the only thing he knew was that he felt somewhat rejuvenated. He sat up further and gasped for oxygen. It felt like he had been strangled close to death.

The sixth sense had come back to him, but in the Abyss he only sensed death. He raised his hand to his face and with the tip of his fingers, he felt the wound. A great gash that started from above his eye went down across the bridge of his nose, and just embraced the tip of his lip. Cain would never be the same man again, his once unparalleled handsome guise now diminished. He knew he was horribly disfigured only needing a mirror to verify it.

Gingerly he stood to his feet, but he still felt dizzy. His knees buckled once or twice. He stumbled over to where Vaohrodia lay. Cain knelt and took of Vaohrodia's helm and looked into his eyes, they were no longer red but black instead. The Lord of the Abyss was dead. Cain saw a scared face as if he had been burned, he could also see bone. This was the first Demon, the one without remorse. The one who raped and beat Valentina and thus the Beast was born. Vaohrodia was a threat no more.

"I did it," Cain mumbled. He sat back down beside Vaohrodia's body. He still held the helm of his foe. He sat for a while to gather up his strength, he was exhausted. The hardest duel I have ever fought without a doubt, he thought to himself.

Eventually, when Cain felt a little stronger, he stood back to his feet. Cain made sure only he would wield the Sacred Shadow Sword. He then picked up Vaohrodia's blade and looked at it. The blade adjusted to the owner he noted. "I will call this. . . The End." He then placed it in his sheath behind his back. He left Avenger behind.

The passage of the dead was much wider than before, but he could still hear the dark-souls whisper to one another and to him. "He did it," was the common word. Unlike when he entered there was no force holding him back. "Well done," was the last word Cain heard in his ear. "I can rest in peace," the last voice said.

Cain then teleported out of the Abyss and was back on the cobblestone road. He looked around and saw many bodies lay dead. The cobblestone road was stained with blood and bodies. Arrows and the odd spear also lay on the ground. The tribe men were easy to note, they wore virtually nothing and were much lighter skinned as if they had come from the Ishtarian Empire.

Cain was then greeted by general Musa. "You did it," Musa said, he looked rather disgusted at Cain. The little man looked at the blade on Cain's back. "Is that - "

"Vaohrodia's sword," Cain uttered. "What happened here? What did I miss?" He took a good look around. Less than half of the troops that entered Kwaad forest remained.