Part 10 - Party.

*Alex's POV*

We was all sat round a table at the restaurant, I honestly believed that I'd have to spend my birthday without him, Nathan that is. Everyone started handing me gifts, I opened Max's first, he'd brought me a new pair of white converse, Libby, Tom and Jay had brought me a sliver Links bracelet between them - that's amazing, I know how much they cost - Siva and Terri had brought me a pair of white Nike high tops as well as black Vans and Sunny and Em had given me money, they really didn't have to, I've only just met them but they're lovely girls, can see why Max and Siva had picked them. Lastly Nathan handed me his present, it was in a small black box, I looked at him, did he not remember me telling him not to get me anything after the amount he spent on my necklace last year, I looked down, I was wearing it, I never take it off. Nathan chuckled, obviously remembering back to last year’s events, I slowly opened the lid, not really sure what to expect. I looked into the black box and my face dropped. It was beautiful, I nearly had a heart attack, it was a sliver bracelet with some blue gems attached, it's similar to the one my nan had, how did he know that?

"N-N-Nathan, oh my god, thank you so much"

"Hey, what are best friends for?" that made me smile but at the same time angry... Did he think that he could ditch me and then act like nothing happened? But on the other hand I'm glad he hasn't let it affect us - maybe we can go back to what we were like? He pulled me in for a hug, I loved his hugs.

"It's exactly like my nan’s one... How did you know?" I whispered in his ear, mid-hug,

"You shouldn't leave your computer near someone that knows your password and that someone also has a key to your flat silly" he smiled softly as I pulled away,

"You went through my internet history?"

"Yeah"

"And you let yourself into mine and Terri's flat?"

"Yep" he smiled; it felt so good to have him back. He took the box from me, carefully taking the bracelet and unclasping it, slipping it round my skinny wrists and clipping it back up, it was truly beautiful.

*Libby's POV*

We all sat round eating, chatting and drinking the champagne that Nathan had already paid for, Tom had drunk at least a bottle to himself - no surprise, Alex didn't drink anything and Nathan wasn't making her, he told us it was to do with family history.  After we had eaten Alex thought we was going home, we kept her engaged in a conversation so she didn't notice we wasn't going home, Nathan said that he had to sort the bill and he'd meet us at home, he walked off and left, obviously going to the club. After 15 minutes of driving we ended up outside the biggest club, there was two bouncers of the door, they see us and moved, letting us in.

"What are we doing here Libby?"

"Tom just wanted to come for a drink" We walked further into a club and all the lights were out, she grabbed my arm, as we walked into the bar, the only lighted area, we was having a conversation until Nathan interrupted it, rude boy! I joke, she smiled and hugged him for the 100th time tonight, they'd be a really cute couple, but that'll never happen, but still!

"You had it all planned didn't you?" Alex asked Nathan,

"Every single bit of it!" he smiled

"Wait what's that supposed to mean?" she questioned, just then the lights flickered on and all our friends popped out from different places, saying happy birthday, Jay was already drunk, he'd had about 5 shots in the last 5 minutes plus the drink back at the restaurant, he stumbled up to me,

"Libby-kins"

"Jaaaay! Shut up!"

"Libby?"

"Yes James?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"No, in more than a best friend way." My heart was screaming but my head just told me to keep quiet,

"You don't like me back do you?"

"Look Jay, can we speak about this when you’re sober please?"

"Okay" he gave me a kiss on the cheek, took my hand and lead me over to the bar, getting us both a drink, we drunk that then headed over to the dance floor.

*Hollie's POV*

Alex thinks she's getting Nathan back, not anymore! He's mine and he's wrapped around my little finger, in his eyes I've got a halo, of course he's obviously blind to everything I'm doing. Nathan and Alex was standing in the corner talking, I walked over casually as nothing had happened, slipping my hand into Nathan's, Alex's whole face dropped, she walked away from us both and straight outside,

"Babe, I'm going to the bar, I'll be back in a minute" I whispered in his ear he nodded, looking confused. No way was I going to the bar; I was going outside to confront her. She was stood outside against a wall, looking into space, I walked over to her.

"What do you want?" she said sharply,

"To talk to my sister" I smirked back,

"You aren't any part of my family Hollie"

"Oh, I think records say I am" I'm annoying her, winding her up and I know it,

"Mmmm. I decided that I'm nothing to do with you, problem?"

"Maybe."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, you and Nathan are my problem."

"Hold on, you’re the one he's been leaving me for, haven't you?"

"Oh wow, you’re smart"

"Yeah, I am actually. So why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Don't act stupid with me. You ruin mine and Nath's friendship then turn up at my party?"

"Hold up, I helped him plan this, you should be grateful"

"Yeah, like that's gonna happen" she spat back, her eyes narrowing at me.

"Oh, getting feisty are we now Alex. No-one liked you since the incident in the last year in school and you know that. Nathan was the only one oh and Jess. Didn't she tell you she got repeatedly bullied after you left?"

"She did?" her voice went quieter,

"Yeah, and I was one of them."

"You did what?" Her voice rising again.

"Yeah, you heard right, I only use Nathan, I mean he's ugly, oh and his hair, his hair, that's hilarious."

"Oi, that's my best friend you’re talking about there."

"Not anymore."

"That's not what he was saying earlier" she shouted back, Tom walked out of the club and she smiled, he stood further up from us, so he couldn't hear any of our conversation.

"Of course hun." I joked, I was winding her up big time, next thing she'll do is slap me, Nathan will rush to my side and never speak to her again, and then step 2 will take place...