PROLOGUE

September 2007

Taylor Alison Swift had the kind of beauty that captivated everyone regardless of what their sexuality, gender and race was. It was the rare kind that made her the sun to anyone's darkness - like the moon contrasting against the pitch black sky.

Well at least Karlie Kloss thought so when she saw her for the first time across the hallway of St Martin High School in New Jersey.

"Who is that?" Karlie asked as she turned to her best friend of ten years, who was stood beside her getting her books out of her locker.

"New girl. Taylor Swift. She's a senior unlike us lesser beings known as juniors," Jourdan replied after she followed Karlie's line of vision.

Karlie turns to Jourdan and gives her a look.

"What?" Jourdan asks, shifting her eyes away from Karlie's and towards the floor.

"You know what!"

"Ugh! Fine. Her name is Taylor Alison Swift and she is from Pennsylvania. Her birthday is December 13th - unlucky, although 13 is her lucky number so i guess that's great for her." The dark skinned girl says quickly.

The tall blonde raises an eyebrow at her, knowing she still had more information to offer, "Anything else?"

Jourdan sighs before continuing, "She is an only child, she lives one street away from you and she's only hanging out with them because she knew Lily Aldridge before from summer camp when they were 15. Also, rumour has it, she has a thing for Cara Delevingne."

"Anything else worth mentioning?" Karlie asks with a pout, trying to do her best to persuade her best friend into giving her more information.

"No! You can talk to her if you want to find anything more out."

"I still don't understand how you know everything about everyone here. It's just damn right creepy," Karlie laughs.

"I don't know everything." she says and Karlie just raises an eyebrow in response, knowing that that was a complete lie. "I don't, Karlie Elizabeth Kloss, who was born in room 19 at 9:52 am on August 3rd 16 years ago - and has a major crush on 17 year old Taylor Swift."

The taller brunette just rolls her eyes at the shorter brunette before they separate and head to their respective lessons.

Karlie and Jourdan were neither popular or nerdy even though they both got excellent grades - they were somehow essentially invisible to everyone. Just two normal high school girls as far as the eye went. However, the one thing that set the two girls apart was the fact that Karlie was extremely intelligent even if she didn't look it and had been moved up into the senior year.

On the other hand, Taylor Swift had just become friends with the popular kids. Ed Sheeran, Her friend from summer camp - Lily Aldridge, Harry Styles, Selena Gomez and their leader Cara Delevingne.

November 2007

"Everyone stand at the back of the classroom please, I am going to be assigning you new seats and partners for this module," Miss Brown says as more and more students entered the chemistry class.

There was an audible groan from most people who wanted to stay sitting with their friends - Karlie also groaned but for a different reason; she couldn't care less about her current lab partner, Derek, he made her do all the work anyway - she just liked where she sat. At the very back right of the classroom where she could see everyone, most importantly Taylor who was sat one row in front on the left. Every lesson she would just stare at the blonde hair and blue eyed beauty from her seat, admiring the way she concentrates on the teacher, the way she laughs when her lab partner, Lily, says something funny - she had even come to adore the weird way Taylor holds her pen over the past two months. So yeah, moving seats was a pain.