Ten // X

Warning: Mentions of suicide and death.

1 Year Later:

"Thanks, Taylor," the band said as they walked out of the studio after writing with her.

"No problem boys," she mutters, as she puts her guitar back in her case, ready to go back to her office and sort some stuff out.

She had officially handed in her letter of resignation 2 weeks ago and today was her last day; even thought she absolutely loved her job here at the record label, she had a better plan for her future.

Recently her grandmother had unfortunately passed away and she had left most of her fortune to Taylor, giving the rest to her brother Austin. The older woman had been an insanely rich and successful woman and so Taylor didn't need a job after inheriting the money - although she did develop a plan of what to do with the money.

As she packed the rest of her stuff away into boxes, ready to leave the office forever, she felt the familiar buzz of her phone in her pocket. It was constantly going off ever since she'd landed herself in her dream job - calls from Selena, calls from the artists and calls from other important people who worked in the industry. It's how she's kept herself busy for the last year and a half, despite the obvious missing piece, in all honesty it had been a pretty crap year for her.

But as she pulled her phone out, the name she read was the last one she'd expected to see calling her.

Karlie Kloss

All she did was stare at it, after a year of no contact, she couldn't bring herself to answer it. She put all of her feelings aside when her phone started ringing for the second time, and answered it hesitantly.

There was silence on both ends of the phone, no one daring to be the first to speak, until eventually Karlie had to speak up because she was the one who had called.

"Taylor?"

"K-Karlie?" She stuttered in response, collapsing into her office chair.

"Hey, erm, this is awkward. How are you?"

"You're calling me out of the blue for the first time in a year and a half just to ask how I am? Cut the bullshit, Kar. What do you want?" Taylor replied, more angrily than both girls had anticipated.

Karlie took an audible gulp before revealing her true reasons for calling, "I wanted to see you in the next few days. I can't tell you why, I just need to see you."

"Well unless you tell me why, I'm not coming. It's just going to break both of our hearts all over again and I'm really busy."

"I'll tell you when you get here, I promise. Please, Taylor. If there's one thing I could ever ask from you, it's this. Don't you think you owe it to me after how you treated me?" Karlie said with a hint of sadness and pleading.

The blonde felt physical pain from the words as she thought about how she did owe it Karlie "I'm free tomorrow morning and afternoon. Text me your address."

"Thank you, Tay."

-

Pulling up outside of the house that was situated on the outskirts of the same small town the bar was in, Taylor took everything in.