Chapter 24

Chapter is for +18

Elizabeth's POV

Even under the furs, the cold got to her. Although Elizabeth is used to live in a cold house, the chill was much more present in the tent. When turning to Declan's side, Liz can see he's lying on his back and realized she's cold because he's no longer holding her.

Her eyes adjusting to the darkness, because the candle was long burned out by now while moving closer to Declan. She can feel his warmth as soon as their skin touch.

Liz thought he was asleep, but he stirs as soon as she lays her head on his arm.

"Wait," he murmurs, voice hoarse from sleep.

He moves his arm up so Elizabeth can rest her head into the crook of his neck while Declan holds her close to him. His warmth engulfed her, and Liz can't help the sigh that escapes her. Fingers tracing circles on his chest and for the first time they met, Declan laughs. A warm sound to her ears that makes her tilt up her head to look at him.

"You're ticklish," she whispers with a grin.

His hand holding hers still and Declan nods while looking down at her.

"Don't tell Sokanon," he smiles, and Liz can't help the laugh escaping her.

"I won't."

His thumb wiping away some strands of hair away from her face before Declan moves to roll her over on her back. He leans over her and Liz her hands move to rest on his shoulders. Her throat dry seeing the seriousness in his eyes while Declan scans her features.

"Don't go tomorrow," she manages to speak up, but it leaves her lips like a whisper.

When she woke from the cold, Liz kept thinking about it. Declan never said where he was going the next day. What the plan was. Only that she had to leave with Sokanon and Michael. And something about that didn't sit right with her. Declan Harp always said what the plan was.

"I have to," he whispers before kissing the corner of her lips, making Liz close her eyes before turning her head so she can kiss him on the mouth. Her fingers curling in his hair before deepening the kiss.

Only pulling back so Liz can look at him.

"You don't," shaking her head, her eyes flickering from his eyes to his lips. Trying to memorize every feature of him. "We can just...leave."

"I can't," his voice is full of emotion when he lays his head against her shoulder. "I can't go. I can't leave them."

And it hurts her in her core to hear his sadness coming through. And Liz understands that he can't leave his wife and child. She simply nods when Declan looks at her again.

"Okay," her lips finding his again for a  kiss when his hand travels down.

His thumb hooking around her underwear and pulling it down. He uses his knees to separate her legs and to make room for him. Declan's free hand finding hers and curling his fingers so he can hold her when entering her slowly.

The feeling of Declan inside her make Elizabeth whimper and tilt her head back into the furs

The feeling of Declan inside her make Elizabeth whimper and tilt her head back into the furs. Declan's lips exploring her lips, cheeks, and neck while moving gently inside her. She can feel his breath in her ear when Declan nips the side of her neck.

Her body responding on Declan by circling both her legs around his waist. A movement that making Declan groan. And for the first time in years, Elizabeth loves the way she can make a man sound like that.

A small nudge was given on his shoulder and Declan reacts without hesitation by rolling on his back. In one swift move, Elizabeth is cradling him. Hands on his chest and looking down at him while Elizabeth moves her hips.

He startles Liz when suddenly sitting up and curling one of his arms around her hips. The other coming to rest by her neck, fingers curling in her hair while pulling her against his chest. The touch of his hands alone makes Liz moan his name several times against his lips. Declan's watching her reaction the whole time when they both move in synch.

When she feels her orgasm building, Liz rests her forehead against his. Letting her eyes flutter close and Liz can't stifle the moan escaping her when Declan thrusts his hips one more time.

He whispers her name in her hair.

And he holds her trembling body against his while Liz rests her head on his shoulder.

She doesn't want to separate from him, wants to stay this close and when moving her head and locking eyes with him; Liz can see the softness in Declan's eyes. He plays with her hair for a few seconds before he lets her go so she can lie down on the furs again.

This time, her whole frame is warm, and her hands swiftly find his back. Beckoning Declan to come lie down next to her again.

The shift of the furs was vague in her mind but when he pulls Liz against his side, she presses a kiss on his shoulder. Her body and mind felt happy. A feeling she never had when sharing the bed with her former husband. A feeling she doesn't want to lose.

"Sleep," he whispers.

And Liz does just that; she lets sleep take over her. Falling into a dreamless sleep next to Declan Harp. Her hand on his chest as if she can hold him from leaving.

But she can't hold him.

After a few hours of sleep, dawn was breaking through the night. And Declan was already up and out of the encampment of Red Claw.

He looks back towards the tent where he shared the night with Elizabeth. And for a moment, Declan doesn't want to leave. Doesn't want to go but he knows he has too.

Shaking his head, he turns away his eyes from the tent and starts walking away. Disappearing into the woods and the dark.