Eighteen

Kissing Nate was an overwhelming yet outstanding experience. All my senses were focused solely on him. My right palm was on his chest, as my left hand found its place on the back of his neck, making him groan and pull me even closer. His strong hands hoisted me and placed me over the counter. Then, they slowly moved to my tights leaving a soaring trail behind them.

I'd never been kissed before like that.

It was as if time stopped and all that was left was this imminent need to have him even closer. There were no sparkles. There was an explosion of different feelings all over me.

All because of him.

Restraining himself, he pulled apart breathing hard. His grey eyes were shadier as he stared at me for the longest of moments. His usually pale pink lips were darker. A flicker of pain and concern passed through his eyes. "I really, really don't want to hurt you Cassie."

My heart soared for him. "I know you'd never do it intentionally."

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. "That's the thing. I never intend it to happen. Yet it does." Swallowing hard, I gazed at him for a moment.

He was the definition of perfection.

I wasn't talking about his muscled arms or chiseled features.

I was talking about him.

The real Nathan Rivers.

He was perfect for me.

I wanted to be there for him, to understand where the pain was coming from. I needed him to trust in me.

"Don't shut me out, Nate." I cupped his chin as he closed his eyes again, as if he was in pain.

I bit my lip as he opened his eyes. "Fuck," he groaned huskily before kissing me once again. His hands gripped my tights harder and I kissed him back.

When we were both out of breath, he leaned on my forehead. "I don't think your father would appreciate this." His voice was huskier.

My lips tugged up, "No, I don't think so."

He took a deep breath and nodded. "I should probably go," his brows furrowed. He clearly didn't want to. And to be honest, I didn't want him to.

"Nate, if we want this to work out, you need to trust in me." My eyes widened at my boldness. I couldn't be more direct now. I scrunched my nose and averted his eyes. "You know, if there's a we in the future. Or if you're interested in that."

Nate's hand cupped my chin. "There's a we. Definitely." He pecked me lightly on the lips. "But I'm not sure if you would want that if you hear all my story."

I met his intense stare. "I don't care about your past, Nate. I could be the last person to judge you giving my own background. But I care about you." His lips parted as he took a sharp intake of breath.