Chapter 11

"Each time we face our fear, we gain strength, courage, and confidence in the doing." -Theodore Roosevelt

So here we were a few days later standing by the edge of the office desk of the former Chairman.

Jungkook sat on the chair shaking his legs anxiously, a tendency he has when he's nervous.

Or when he really needs to go.

But with the long time we been here, it could be both.

Jungkook was able to fortunately graciously present himself within the vicinity of these walls.

We waited for awhile as my dad went out to grab some files from his own desk.

The tense atmosphere was so silent it could be cut through with a knife like soft, melted butter.

After staying over at my families for the night, I came back to my apartment building.

I pulled out my phone to see I got a text from my friend from New York.

A.F.
Almost but I still working on getting all my papers in order

A.M.
Nice! You sure you can handle leaving home?

A.F.
I think I'll manage. I can't say the same for Tim tho.

A.M.
You think you can handle a plane ride with Tim?

A.F.
I hope so if not I'm glad we sit in different seats

A.M.
You think that's a smart idea to let
him be alone

A.F.
That twit will be fine. I might live a couple more years without the stress.

I just pray for the person sitting next to him

I think he gives me more stress than college lol

A.M.
Lol ok just let me know the details on when you're coming I got you

A.F.
I know thanks I'll talk to you later ^_^

I thought about what my dad said and gave it a few days before I went by Johnny's place.

Ironically, it's been hard seeing him these days despite being right next door.

As I was about to knock, the door seemed to rip open before my eyes just when I was about to have my knuckles brush against the door.

Jungkook stood straight with a suit and blazer on. His tie colored with red and white stripes and he bore an expression not even the Mona Lisa could fathom.

I stood there with a slight confusion until he found himself to look into my eyes.

"I know. Your dad called me yesterday..." he trailed off as he tried to collect his words and himself again.