Chapter 20

"They say faith is taking the first step when you can't see the whole staircase."

"Thank you all for this wonderful tour. I look even more forward to working with this company!" John cheered as finished his meal and downed is last drink.

I didn't really partake in the alcohol out of fear of what my seniors would think. I turned to look at Seokjin who seemed so into the chicken as I saw him grab like his sixth piece probably. He seemed so carefree, I'm glad he was enjoying his time.

Ms. Lee and Mr. Park continued their discussions with John about the upcoming fashion event coming later this month. I listened in on some parts to get a general understanding even though it was not on my part to really know about it. I still wanted to at least wanted some information so I could at least assist in the process.

I was lost in thought again when I didn't realize Seokjin was holding a piece of chicken right on front of me, shifting my focus to him.

I gladly took it from his hands as he gave me a smile before indulging in his own. I took tiny nibbles, surprised by the amount of spices they used in it. It was actually pretty good the way the spices played against my tongue. I finished it until I reached all the way to the bone before placing the remains against the side of my plate.

"Are you sure you don't have anything? You seem list in thought." He started saying.

"It's nothing 선배 [Sunbae/Senior]. I guess I feel out of place." I said with a shrug, looking slightly off to the side to see the rest still engaged in deep conversations.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize how awkward you would feel. I mean you are still new." He said with a slight hint of guilt on his face.

"It's okay. It's good to get out of my comfort zone. I really want to help out with the company especially Jungkook the best I can."

"He really is important to you isn't he?" He said with a look I couldn't really decipher.

"Of course! He's my best friend. And even though I tease him a lot, especially since he's a year younger, he's honestly one of the most mature and understanding people I've ever met. Just don't tell him that, his ego is big enough." He started to laugh a little and I started laughing along with him.

"He's a strong person. I've seen him grow from such a young boy to a man in almost a blink of an eye. He's almost too good at everything he does, I can't understand it."

"Me neither. It's not natural!"

"Although there is one thing he's not good at..."

"Cooking!" We both said simultaneously as we both started laughing soon after.

"Have you seen the boy try to cook potatoes?" He asked through his laughter.

"I know! It's the funniest and saddest thing I ever witnessed in my life." I said as I kept laughing.

"I never realized you were close with him." I said but sounded more of a questioning tone once our laughters died down.

"We grew really close over the years. I worked at their company as an intern cause my dad was a business partner so we would always see each other. He's really annoying sometime, I barely get any work done whenever he's around."

"Welcome to my world." I said with a sigh. "How come you just didn't work for your dad's company?"

"I would have but my dad believed that it would be best to work out my comfort zone and earn my way there instead of making it seem like I've been handed the job." He said. I don't know why but I felt slightly offended knowing that's exactly how I got this job, but at least put in the effort instead of making it seem like it was generously given to me for being a friend of the now current chairman.