Epilogue

"Hello Neighbor"- Jeon Jungkook

And just like that, life moved forward.

It's true what people say. Things can change so much over time.

Seasons change and people grow. The seeds of time planted and blossomed into a myriad of colorful flowers. Sunsets and sunrises came and went and an ocean of lavender skies, orange hues, and pink sweetness passed.

I said hello and goodbye to so many more people in life. Business continued as usual and I somehow managed to remain on top of it all.

I hear back from you every once in awhile and hear that you're doing well. One moment you're in Paris eating baguettes near the Louvre and then the next you're drinking tea with the Queen, marching down Penny lane.

You are living your life to the fullest and I was happy for you. You finally found the new found freedom that you've craved for so long.

I, on the other hand, started tending to my own business.

"Hyunjae, mind taking this to your desk?" My dad has said, as he carries a sealed box which I instantly put my coffee down for and lifted off his hands.

"Ah sure. What is this?"

"Oh nothing. I ordered a bunch of new things for the office. Things that I know are 100% useful and efficient."

"Don't tell me you just bought that otter tape dispenser and that tomato timer."

"No.."

I gave him a look.

"I didn't order just that. I also bought this dinosaur desk organizer."

"Why?" I looked at him confused.

"Because it was cool and otter tape dispenser looked so cute."

I sighed. "Dad, you can't keep spending money on weird junk like this, isn't your desk crowded enough?"

"Hey, I didn't just buy stuff for my desk." He opens up the flaps of the box and pulls out a doll of some sort. "I also got this for you."

He holds it up more and shakes it in front of me as if that was gonna further help my understanding of what that was.

"What is that?"

"It's a Dammit Doll!" He says excitedly.

"A what?"

"A Dammit Doll." I lift my eyebrow, hoping he would understand my confusion. He notices and smiles. "It's for smacking it against the wall or just banging it against something when you're frustrated."