Chapter 12

"The only real things in life is the unexpected things"

"Alex is that really you?" John said right before nudging the man right next to him.

"That's my friend, we met on the plane. She speaks English too." He said quietly to the guy right next to him while the man just nodded.

"Alex this is Sokjin-"

"Seokjin," the man cut him off with such perfect English. He then looked back at me. "Just call me Jin for short".

"Oh okay. So Alex this is Jin. Jin this is Alex." John said formally introducing us.

"안녕하새요 [Annyeonghaseyo/Hello]" he greeted while giving me a bow.

"Ah 안녕하새요" I said greeting him back.

"Can you believe we met again? It's almost like fate!" John squealed while I just stood their awkwardly with the tray still in my hand.

"Oh yeah. I never would have guessed." I finally said.

"I didn't know you work here too? Ooh how exciting!"

"Oh I don't work here, but my dad does."

"Oh really! What does he do?" He asked with just a sparkle in his eye, it didn't help my awkwardness.

"Oh nothing much. He's the CEO of the company." I said so nonchalantly.

He looked slightly taken back by what I just said staring at me with wide eyes. He then turned to Jin with a hint of shock on their faces while Jin seemed totally unbothered.

John turns to me. "Wait! Your dad is the CEO of this company?" Asking as if he heard wrong the first time.

I nodded my head. "Ah yeah. He is."

"Woah. Mind-blowing." John said using his hands to gesture and explosion in his head.

I arched an eyebrow, not understanding what was happening.

"We were just on our way to meet him. Looks like both of our companies are partnering up for the huge fashion runaway in Seoul."

"The Fall in Seoul Runaway won't happen until a month from now. You came pretty early." I said looking at the calendar hanging on the wall behind John.

"Oh yeah but my advisors said that as a representative I should familiarize myself with Seoul and get to know you guys better." He said with a large smile. "Right Jin!" He slapped his arm right around Jin shoulders but soon dropped it feeling uncomfortable by how big he was.

"Okay then well we'll be going. Jin said he'll show me around the company and then take me on a tour around Seoul. I'll see you hopefully later Alex." He said, giving be a big wave before turning forward to where he was going to go.

"Ah yeah bye John." I said balancing the tray on one arm while giving a small wave with the other as they walked away. Jin followed right behind John turning to give me a small smile as they both left.

I finally let go of a huge breath I've been apparently holding. I didn't know what kind of a cliche world I came in to see John again.