Chapter 28

"When the moon rises before day, it often makes the night better."

"You know Spanish?" I asked as soon as I saw him unwrap his sandwich in the break room.

"Yeah, I told you I studied abroad, didn't I?" Taehyung said as he goes in to take a bite of his turkey and ham sandwich.

"Yeah, but you never told me where."

"Madrid, then Barcelona, and then Argentina. So let's just say I picked up a few words here and there."

"Wow. I'm actually impressed." I said, genuinely.

"Oh my, really?" He put his hand on mouth as if he were really shocked. "That's all I ever wanted to hear you say."

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I said as we both started to laugh a little.

"Also, about my friend" he turned his head to look at me. "What's that all about?"

He chuckles and then smiles widely. "What? I said she was cute and I'm sure she told you about me."

"How'd you know it was her?"

"Oh, trust me. She isn't someone you can easily forget." He says finishing his sandwich and picking up his cup of tea.

Just then, Seokjin선배 came in with a smile.

"Good morning. Looks like everyone seems to be enjoying themselves today."

"I am. My long time friend has finally accepted me." He said being dramatically happy.

I slapped his shoulder as usual and shook my head. Seokjin laughs.  "Well that's nice to see." He turns to look at me. "Oh and Hyunjae, about my little promise. How about this Saturday,  if it's not inconvenient."

"Promise? Oh! Right. Yeah, of course! It's not an inconvenience at all." I said, mentally cursing myself for fumbling with my words a bit, luckily he's too nice to notice.

"That's great. Can't wait to see you then." He winks and turns away to head back to work after grabbing his usual cup of coffee.

"Yeah! See you!" I say once he's gone and slap my forehead for being so awkward.

"What was that?" Taehyung says, lifting an eyebrow.

"I don't know. Don't ask." I said with my hand still on my face, now covering it.

He starts laughing hysterically.  "Pfft, that's hilarious.  Wow, who knew you would ever be like this?"

I slapped his shoulder again. "Shut up!"

"I mean seriously. I know you like him, but wow." He says, sipping his tea– no pun intended.

"I don't know. Everytime I see him, I just get all flustered. Is this normal? Or am I catching some of your stupidity?"

He puts his cup down. "No, you're weird and ugh also rude."

"Taehyung!"

"Relax honey. I'm kidding. It's normal to feel this way."

"So what do I do?"

"Well he asked you out didn't he? He clearly likes you or feels something about me."