Chapter 36

"Sons and fathers have their own little universe of trust, privacy and love, thus creating one of the strongest bonds that ever existed."

"Stocks are still doing relatively well these days. The whole fashion show fiasco ironically did the company some good. People have been raving about the incident." My dad said at the chairman's office.

"Well bad press is still press and any press is good press," Jungkook's dad said as he was sat on the seat where his son once was. Admittedly, it felt weird not seeing his face in the office.

It's been a week since the fashion show drama and although the company hadn't dealt with severe damage, our investors have became more skeptical. However, our sales are doing well as people saw how durable the clothes were during that whole cat fight.

Ironic, but then again people love drama I suppose.

"Jaehyung, I don't know how this would look in the long run. Investors are already on edge with your disappearence and to add this fiasco. Doesn't this all work against the company." My dad said slightly frantic. I know he was the most stressed out of all of us here as he also put so much effort into ensuring this whole event would go perfectly well.

"Not at all. This company is all about the youth. And when it comes to the youth there's nothing wrong with mystery and drama. People love scandals, it gives them something to talk about when they're bored." Jungkook's dad ended. He then soon got up from his seat which caused my dad to raise an eyebrow.

"I suppose. But still, we've been going through a lot of stress here to make sure we don't end up rock bottom right now."

"Hyunki I know what I'm doing. Trust me on this one. We've been a well established company for over twenty years. I know where I'm going and I will never put this company or you in any kind of jeopardy."

Both men looked at each other for a long moment. One being skeptical and the other trying to convince his best friend with a soft, wistful look in his eyes."

"Okay, I'll believe you." My dad sighs. "Where are you going now anyway?" My dad asks.

"I'm going to go get a coffee from the break room. I could use the boost of caffeine after this long, brutal week." He says back.

I soon got up from my seat blocking the door. "No, let me get it for you. You and my dad are already overworking yourself. It's the least I can do."

He thought about it for a moment and then he smiles. "Well, thank you then Hyunjae."

I gave him a small smile back before heading down to the break room. Of course once I got there I was immediately swarmed with the buzzing sounds of employees gossiping. The break room was notorious for it's juicy tellings of other people's personal business rather focusing on the one they're actually in.

"Can you believe that Lee Jieun and Ham Minseok are finally getting a divorce?!" One woman employee asked another as I grabbed a mug and started making the coffee in the machine.

"It's all over page six, how can't I at this point? And after that whole mess of a fashion show." The other employee replied back.

"I know. It's such a shame, everyone worked so hard. I'm really disappointed with how it turned out."

"I'm not. This is exactly what I expected. Besides, who does the chairman think he is for just waltzing back at a crucial time like that and acting like everything is going to be okay. I wouldn't be surprised if this company plunges, I already started looking for a new job just in case anyway."