Chapter 34

"The imprint of a dad will forever remain on his son."

As a child, life should be all about the joy in the little things of the world around them as the imagination of their young minds stretch beyond reality and fantasy.

Life should be all about drawing outside the lines, grass stains on your denim overalls, paint dripping off your fingers, missing the paper and splattering over the table tops, and getting yelled at for leaving a mess.

But it's okay because you're a kid. No one's ever going to get mad at you because what mattered that once they wiped the faint white milk moustache off your face there was a smile underneath it.

However for Jeon Jungkook, that wasn't how it was. For him, it was playing Legos alone in the corner by yourself because 'the grown ups are talking', getting scolded by the maid instead because your parents were too busy on business trips, and having a myriad of answers to the question, "Mom, Dad, how come you guys couldn't show up this time?"

That's what life was like back then.

Although he was never alone with an older brother, things change when that brother starts having their own friends to hang out with and leaves their little brother behind.

His only companions at that point were his stuffed animal. Somehow his Iron Man action figure became more of a father figure to him than his actual father.

That's why when at five years old when a certain girl came to his life, he was beyond ecstatic.

Like a fallen drop of sunlight, she came into his life in a cascading beam and blossomed like an eternal flower.

It was from that moment he never felt alone again because no matter what, there was someone there that always cared and watched out for him.

Things started getting more fun. Those boring earlier childhood memories living in almost isolation were erased those of playing in the park, swinging into the clouds, falling into the dirt and yes of course staining her denim overalls which she gave him a real work for.

Summer days were cooled down with melting popsicle sticks and winters were warm around the fireplace, cuddled in a blanket watching old cartoons.

However just as things were good, they also did a complete 180 as well.

It was just a normal day. Jungkook, his older brother, and her, playing basketball in the courtyard of their school. The special thing about having a school with a combined middle school and high school was that their facilities were always bigger and they were fortunate enough to see each other everyday.

"Jungkook could you stop hogging the ball and pass it. We get it you're good kiddo."